~Desperate~

Taeyong

Tues, December 1st

Johnny spoke smoothly, his voice low but buttery rather than angry. I realized the reason. His eyes trailed Ten like he was the only person to exist. All of my friends deserved to be perceived as the one and only, with and without heat. Truly, Johnny is fake for being so needy when he never shows interest in anyone. In fact, I had never seen him lay a hand on anyone.

"Well, I am sure you recognize the issue. No reason to ask." I stated, faking a smile filled to the brim with sarcasm. Johnny hummed, shifting his attention once again to Ten. He smirked and bent down to Ten's level, certainly towering over his figure easily. His lips hovered over Ten's ear to speak, and I would know that Ten loved that. My best friend's eyes fluttered slightly, as his stomach probably churned addictively. Gross if you ask me.

Jaehyun and I spared an irritated glance, us both being third and fourth guests on a show that didn't introduce a considerable amount of money to play a role. Johnny slightly pulled away, merely enough to feel Ten's breath on his lips. Johnny's eyes became hollow and dark. Symptoms of his incubus intruding triggered my nerves.

"Johnny" Jaehyun warned. Being a vampire, he must've heard the words that escaped Johnny's mouth. Ten held back, peering into my eyes. I suppose that he wanted the opinion my expressions portrayed, but like a kid knowing he is stealing candy from the candy store, he grazed his thumb across Johnny's lips with a lack of remorse.

I stood, stunned. The boy despised Johnny's family and the hybrid himself. The name brought light to his eyes. Disgust overflowed his body at the sight of him. Ten's ears almost instinctively turned off at the sound of his voice. But here he was, about to drop to his knees for the hybrid. I knew that Ten would hate himself for it later.

Johnny's arm securely engulfed Ten's waist-that is, until my worry had been saved.

"What are you doing?" Hyuck questioned, his face scrunching in shock and disgust at the sight of Ten like this. "Right, we were just about to find you." I lied, holding Ten's arm and taking him downstairs amid his angry complaints. "Why did you do that?" He asked through gritted teeth, groaning at the lack of my responses.

"Ten, be realistic for two seconds. You don't even like him as a classmate. You will thank me later."
He remained silent, and I let him go to play with some other guy that wouldn't terrorize his reputation, make classes awkward, or poison his heart.

"Asshole."

"Oh, but later all I am going to hear is, "I can't believe I almost did that with him."

"Whatever."

______________________________________

Ten

"What was I thinking?" I mumbled to myself, putting my blow dryer down and ruffling my hair. My nose scrunched from the horrid possibilities of my neediness. Johnny Seo touched me, even if it was merely my waist. I let him get that close at an event that both of our parents-that want to kill each other- were attending. Talking to each other at his house was far too risky.

I shook my head, expecting that it would shake my thoughts away. I ambled to my bed with my eyes on my bedside clock. The time read 1:27 a.m. I slid my freshly cleaned body under the cold covers, loving the relaxation of my exhausted body, but dreading the recollection of my stubborn brain. I tried. I tried for so long to sleep; but even when my body felt the need to fall to the floor, my mind wouldn't go to sleep.

I laid comfortably, staring at a painted canvas of a cherry blossom tree. Truly, it was my favorite painting that I crafted. It took some days and some nights. It took patience and perfectionism. But I admired it. I laid mesmerized, allowing my eyes to wander the canvas until they fluttered closed. Like a train that couldn't stop, my thoughts permeated my mind. It was never silent.