Chapter Two

"Isn't it too hot with all that black on?" Lauren queried, pushing a non offensive southern accent, "My daddy always said that dark colors attract the sun, and when you're out here farmin', that's the last thing you want to do."

Camila shrugged, squinting her eyes and sitting atop a bale of hay, "It's part of my aesthetic, life is too short to not wear black all the time."

"It's such a boring shade, you need color in your life," Lauren replied, plucking a rose from the bush she was sitting next to, "Pink is such a lively color, it would look so beautiful on you," Lauren said, placing the flower daintily behind Camila's ear.

Camila blushed, averting her gaze from the beautiful Southern sweetheart. She rested her head on her shoulder, letting her dark hair shield her face just enough that she appeared mysterious and dark, but underneath it all, her rosy cheeks could still be seen. Lauren wondered if the redness of her cheeks was purely a great acting strategy, or an indication that maybe Camila returned some actual feelings toward Lauren.

Or, you know, she could be experiencing a heat stroke.

"Cut!" The director ordered, and Camila flipped her messy waves off of her face and down her back. "Good run today, this one might be a keeper. I'll put it through editing, and my people will call your people to see if we need to re shoot. It's a wrap for tonight."

Relief overflowed Lauren's body as she stood up from the grassy spot on the ground. She could tell that there were going to be grass stains on her butt, because it had rained the night before, and apparently barns aren't the best place to be after a hefty storm. Lauren was thankful that the costume designer had created several copies of the dress, preparing in advance for the worst that might come.

"You're really good," Camila blurted out, stripping the leather jacket off, "I feel like I've grown up with you, you know? It's weird to be working with you."

Lauren gave Camila a blank stare, and while she was flattered by the compliment, she really didn't want to give her any satisfaction. Lauren was being a bitch, and she knew it.

Camila bit her lip, and tried again, "Normani bought frozen yogurt, we were going to eat it and watch Clueless while my makeup artist removes all of this gunk off of my face. I didn't know how sticky all this makeup could get under the sun." Camila joked.

"I would, but I can't. I have to try on dresses tonight for a ball that legalizes gay dolphins or something. We're supposed to attend it together this Sunday, remember?" Lauren asked, her voice rubbing off in a rude tone, "You better get your dress soon, the theme is neutral colors, so don't show up in one of those tour outfits you wear," Lauren remarked, envisioning the sparkly flapper dresses that were cut off just the right length to see the beginning of Camila's butt. Not that she was watching her tour videos or anything.

"I'm getting mine tomorrow," Camila replied, "How about you go black, and you go white? I think it would fit our personalities in the public eye," Camila said, and Lauren sensed some serious shade.

Lauren scowled, ignoring the last comment, "We have to arrive together, so don't be too late." Lauren fired, turning on her heel to walk away, but Ally was blocking her from making any progress.

"We have to leave, now," Ally ordered, turning her cell phone around to face Lauren, "Mildred said she'd take us early since shooting was smooth today. Let's go get this over with." Lauren obliged, following Ally through the grassy fields, and away from Camila. 

"Wow I love it," Lauren said in a monotone voice, admiring the smock in the mirror, "Do you think you have anything else?" Lauren asked, and Mildred nodded, walking away from the dressing room.