Chapter Five

Throughout the week, Lauren and Camila were dolled up and sent around various places, like for romantic walks on the beach or quick runs to Starbucks. Aside from filming, life carried on pretty normally, until Ally barged into Lauren's penthouse on a Thursday morning.

The director had given the cast a break so he and the crew could shape up a farmhouse they were filming in. Lauren had visited it the previous day, wandering through the winding hallways and getting lost in several floral themed rooms that smelled like a mixture of old women's perfume and a dusting house. The director had found it abandoned, and bought the home from the state, and he planned to move in some last minute furniture to make the house seem homelike.

But in other news, Ally let herself into Lauren's well kept penthouse, snaking around the fairytale esque furniture that filled the home. Lauren's bedroom door was cracked, and inside of it, Ally could hear her snoring softly.

Ally hated disturbing her, but she had business to take care of, so she tickled Lauren's feet from on top of the blankets, and when that didn't work, she laid on top of her.

"Who is on top of me?" Lauren grumbled out, her face still smashed against her eggshell colored pillow.

"It's your best friend Ally," Ally sing songed, way too cheery for the dreary morning, "I have news for you, and you're going to have to get up now. I got two tickets for that basketball game here in LA, and you're scheduled to attend with Camila. You're going to have to get up, though."

Lauren grunted into her pillow, wishing that Ally had given her one day to herself, but alas, personal space wasn't included in the roller coaster of being a celebrity.

"What time is it?" Lauren asked groggily.

"Right now? Ten in the morning, and you have to be there at seven."

Lauren opened her eyes, staring up at Ally, who was already dressed and ready to conquer whatever life threw her way, "Then why do I need to get ready now?"

"You need to make this seem like an official date, Lauren. I'll get you through hair, make up, clothing choices. Oh, and you're taking Camila out to dinner, how sweet is that?" Ally asked rhetorically, but Lauren continued to blaze her eyes through her, "Lauren, it's just one night. Even though you admitted...that thing to me last week, I know this is difficult for you, but trust me, everything is going to be worth it in the end, and if it's not, I will allow you to slap me three times, whenever you want."

Considering this proposition, Lauren rolled her eyes slightly, and then responded, "Fine, I'm in."

"Oh, and by the way," Ally started, standing up from Lauren's bed, and she began to head out the door, "The kiss cam has already been programmed to focus in on your seats. Well, I hope you guys have fun, I have to jet!" Ally called out from the front door, and then Lauren heard it slam behind her.

Fury built up in Lauren's stomach, then butterflies replaced the fire, and after, more anger pent up inside of her barely awake body. Lauren shook her head, snatching a pillow up and tossing it at a lamp while simultaneously muttering, "Fucking Ally."

If Lauren had to pick three words to describe how she felt right now, it would be angry, betrayed, and fucking excited. Strictly, that was four words, but Lauren's judgement was too clouded to care about technicalities. For one, she was upset with Ally for basically lying to her about the basketball game, and second, she was stoked to be going on a quote unquote real date with Camila.

While Ally was handling paparazzi arrangements on her cell phone, Lauren was sat awkwardly next to Camila, who was tapping away on her phone. For once, Lauren desperately wanted to capture her attention, and watch the way Camila's eyes darted across her face or how the corners of her lips danced into a lovely smile as she laughed at everything Lauren said.