Chapter Eleven

Turning her cell phone off might have been the worst mistake Lauren Jauregui had ever made.

An Oprah interview, a Ryan Seacrest radio promotion, and a M! Magazine photo shoot later, Lauren finally rested on the warm cushions of the limousine, and fished her cell phone out of her designer tote bag. She held down the side button, watching the black Apple logo illuminate the white screen, and eventually, the adorable photograph of Camila snuggled up on the couch in her most embarrassing pajamas showed up. Lauren smiled to herself, recalling the night she took the photo, but quickly, her phone began to flood with missed calls and text messages.

Camila

hey i'm not going to be able to hang tonight. mani and i are having a girl's night in. love you. - 1:42

Lauren slanted her lips, a bit disappointed, but she continued to read the messages.

Ally

Lauren, I know you're absolutely exhausted, but tonight is the opening of that new nightclub, Aqua Seas. You're supposed to show up and have a great time, all photographs and drinks are on the house, you're not going to want to miss it. You're going, whether you like it or not. Camila can come as well, more famous faces, more promo. Call me when you get time. - 3:28

Lauren sighed, unlocking her cell phone, and dialing Ally's number immediately.

"Hey, I'm glad you called," Ally greeted, the background behind her noisy, and Lauren thought that she was probably at a meeting of some sort.

"I'm in," Lauren said, biting the inside of her cheek.

After a long, hot shower and an hour in hair and makeup later, Lauren took root in the back entrance of the night club, where several other familiar faces stood. Taylor and Calvin were at the head of the line, a few members from Five Seconds of Summer were littered around the entryway, and in front of Lauren stood Louis Tomlinson from One Direction.

Lauren tapped him on the back, because she honestly had no one else to talk to without Camila or Ally around.

Louis turned around, immediately making eye contact with Lauren, who was fiddling with the skirts of her frumpy dress.

"Hey," Louis said, grinning a bit, "You're that girl from, uh shit, what's it called? That cheesy romantic movie that Harry always forces me to watch," Louis commented, his eyes glittering at the mention of Harry, "Lauren Jauregui, that's your name. Hey."

"That's me," Lauren commented awkwardly, "And you're that guy from that band, uh shit, what's it called?" Lauren said, looking up and tapping her chin sarcastically, "One Dimension? Two Erection? I can't remember," Lauren said, soliciting a hearty laugh from Louis.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that," Louis replied, letting an uncomfortable silence fall between them before asking, "Is it okay if I stick around with you tonight? If I'm being honest, I came here with Niall, and he's already off being a ladies' man, and I am not about that life," Louis commented, "I really don't want to watch Niall attempt to put his grubby hands up some girl's skirt all night."

Lauren nodded, letting her inner seventeen year old fan girl scream on the inside, "Of course, only if you want to get absolutely blackout drunk, sit in the corner, and act like we're cooler than everyone here."

"You know me so well," Louis responded.

They proceeded to make small talk about each other, taking that this is one of the first times they've personally met. The two had taken a picture together at an awards show ages ago, but Lauren probably would have forgotten if she weren't a large One Direction fan, and she assumed Louis wasn't that familiar with her work.