scars made you an art

i loved you, i love you, and beyond imperfections—
i would love you even more.

you are afraid. afraid to know that i love seeing you in the cold, lazy morning, with your still droopy eyes, messily waved hair, and with your countless times of trying to get up but always ending up to your pillows; whispering last night’s stories, cursing hopelessly in your mind while letting the sun rays to remind you your tired smiles. you are afraid. afraid that i love hearing your countless 2PM rants and childish complaints. when it’s late afternoon and you are in your joyous state, you’re with your lively laughter and you’re trying very hard to seem alright. and that i know your mind is getting busy with the rhymes and drive you lost moments ago, and when you’re listening into your first ever vinyl records of your favourite artist but you’re actually blaming yourself for accidentally deleting your poetry written last night as you’re in your countless attempt to finish it.

you are afraid. afraid that there’s every thing to be loved from the times you’re conscious and feeling nothing but a mere syllable in proses and laying in imperfections.

you are afraid. but, i would still love you in your most vulnerable state. it’s 2AM and you’re facing the bathroom’s sink and whispering all the written verses you etched from your bruised fists, crumpling all your failed dreams written in paper, letting all the hidden hues all day paint that night’s dullness, and your hundred nights of trying. “you are not enough”, that’s what you told yourself in the mirror while blaming your tattered journals hidden under your bed. it’s when you can’t even talk to your pillows or listen into your classic vinyl records because you’re actually seeing yourself as your unfinished poems: unheard, underrated, and have none to be loved about, undeserving to even called art.

but, i love you in the cold mornings, i love you more in late afternoons but to see your scarred soul at night—

makes me love you even more.

— 00:59
l. sin, scars made you an art

»» photo (without the words in it) taken from Louis Hvejsel Bork