Part 1

Once upon a time, there was a boy.

The boy had a total of four loves in his life—three bad choices. Only one stayed. This is the story... of the fourth.

The day before the first day of freshman year, he told himself that no more lovers. He wasn't about to fall in love again. First period. Second period. Third period. Halfway there. Everything is going according to plan. Fourth period. Lunch. Fifth period....oh. Looks like he just found himself a new lover.

The teacher had the class do a quick assignment. He talked to some people first then the girl and the boy met. They said hi, exchanged glances, chatted a bit about the assignment, and other classes. After a while, they exchanged phone numbers. Turned in their assignment and went back to their seats.

The next day they figured out their classes and chatted more. Texted, talked in class, waved "hi" during passing periods, and played a few games. A month passed and they grew out of touch. Things came up for the boy and he became busy with his tasks. Same for the girl. She had her plans to attend to and he had his. When things were finally settling down, the boy talked to her again. Became close again and had conversations like before. Played games, talked in class, and waved "hi" during passing periods. Then the girl stopped replying. The boy didn't think too much of it and let it go. Some time passed and they eventually forgot that the other existed.

Before the boy knew it December rolled around with finals. This is when he started thinking about her again. Why was she on his mind again? They were just friends, right?

The end of the year was coming with only a few more days till winter break. But the boy of course was still thinking of her. Maybe it's just a crush. No. I don't like her. I. Don't. Like. Her. He told himself.

No more relationships. Not after last year.