III. The museum

When they had found a place to rest Ellie was installed in the center on small green moss that had grown over the years

When they had found a place to rest Ellie was installed in the center on small green moss that had grown over the years. Lara was sitting against a piece of furniture in the corner of the room positioned well enough for the woman to keep an eye on the teenager. After that, the Smith woman took more than three or four to fall asleep for fear that Joel or Tess would kill the kid in her sleep, but in the end she couldn't resist any longer; let her pass overwhelm her in a place where she should normally be peaceful.

When the brunette had woken up she had seen the two smugglers sitting on the steps of the building, their weapons drawn and their eyes riveted on the still sleeping Ellie; so the woman quickly turned her gaze on the little brunette out of fear but she relaxed when she saw her breathe. The woman stood up, stretching her arms to relax her aching back. A few minutes later it was Ellie's turn to wake up with a frown when she saw the two smugglers. "Morning. The little one then wanted to get up but Joel moved his gun ready to aim at her.

Lara observed the situation by taking two steps forward ready to intervene but she preferred to leave the young girl first if she was to take it alone.

So Ellie is sitting on the greenery and watching the two adults and then watching Lara a little further.

"Do I look like I'm infected !"

The Miller man deepened the line between his eyebrows : « Show us your arm ! »

Lara desperately shook her head complaining about the girl he was forcing to do this, so she rolled up her sleeve to reveal her long-healed bite.

"Yeah, it's not getting any worse, is it ?"

The two smugglers looked at each other and Ellie resumed "If we're out in the open city, why aren't we getting swarmed ?"

The man answered without taking his eyes off his friend. « Dont worry about that. »

Lara shook her head and took a few more steps to speak for the first time.

« It's not really like this !»

Tess staring at the young woman then the young girl on the ground. "What was Marlène doing with an infected kid ?"

This question compelled the Smith woman to intervene: "Don't answer !

« She found me after I was bitten. » the brunette to slap her hand on her head.

"And she didn't shoot you ?" Ask Joel.

"Clearly not." The insistent looks of the two adults forced the young girl to resume : "She locked me up and had her guys test me every days to see if I was getting sick."

"Test you how ?" Ask Tess.

Lara answered for the girl "We make her count to 10 and hold out her hand and keep it steady-"