IV. Don't let the pain win

The way was done in silence, Tess had suddenly become very distant and weird and all along the race she walked quickly as if in a hurry to reach their destinations

The way was done in silence, Tess had suddenly become very distant and weird and all along the race she walked quickly as if in a hurry to reach their destinations. And when they got to the big white building filled with greenery they hid behind a car as a precaution. Just to protect themselves in case someone deigns to shoot them.

"We're the fuck are they ?" Tess asked seeing no fireflies.

"Surely they all had to confine themselves inside ?" Lara suggested looking at the two adults with her.

Tess looking at Joel then the brunette with her: "It's possible but better check."

They nodded and the older woman pointed to a blue truck ahead, behind which they discreetly hid for Joel to open the door. Lara pointed her gun in front of her in turn but frowned when she saw no one, just like the rest of the group.

"Stay back." Joel ordered as he and Lara moved forward. "I said "stay back !"

The brunette arched an eyebrow and replied harshly. "You want them to kill you before you can even get in!? They know me, remember?" The woman gritted between her teeth, pointing to her firefly necklace.

The man blew through his nose and they resumed their journey, discreetly skirting the truck when they came across a dismembered body. The Smith woman quickly realized that he would not be the last. Joel opened the trailer of the truck while the brunette pointed her gun in front of her but quickly lowered it when she saw no one.

"What the fuck, man ? Swore the lost woman.

Tess walked around the truck and asked: "Joël ? What the fuck is going on ?"

"I don't know..."

She advanced near the trail of blood on the marble stairs: "They went inside."

The three adults turned and studied the building as Tess walked past and grabbed Ellie's arm to pull her as Joel and Lara opposed, "Tess !" "What the fuck are you doing Tess ?"

The woman continued to climb the stairs and repeated : "Come on !"

They raced up the stairs and the older woman opened the door and pointed her gun in front of her. Lara passed the group when she saw a trail of blood on the floor and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Seriously ?" Hissed the woman seeing a whole pile of lifeless bodies on the ground.

Tess continued to move forward and examine the room : « Holy shit ! Jesus » the woman let go of Ellie's hand and walked to the center of the room spinning around as she saw all the bodies.

Lara joined the young girl who was ready for a body and she put her hand on his shoulder. "Don't watch this, you'll have nightmares." the teenager turned and smiled: "I've seen worse but, thank you mama-" the woman cringed. "Don't call me like that ! I'm serious kid !"