Chapter 7

Alexander Knight's POV

Aiden woke up when we were 20 minutes away from my pack house.

He was fighting with Woofy for control.

'Woofy, give Aiden control' I demanded my naughty pup.

'But dadddyyy, Woofy trying. Aiden no wanna conwrol' Woofy said, whining.

I sighed but nodded my head.

'Aiden, I know you're in there listening. Hear my words, they're important. My father, the alpha, he wouldn't approve of this' I cringed at my own words.

'He wouldn't approve of us. I need you to pretend like you don't like me. I'll get you all settled in but, you have to listen to me. You can't slip infront of him'I said.

Woofy nodded but looked very upset.

'I'm sorry Aiden and Woofy. Its just for a little while. Just until he names me the next Alpha. After that, everything will change' I said, turning into my packhouse.

When woofy saw my pack members staring at my car, he forcefully gave Aiden control.

Aiden look disoreiented.

'Did you hear what I said Aiden?' I asked .

He nodded his head.

I heard many gasps from my pack members when they saw Aiden.

Word had travelled that I had found my mate. But, they didn't know that Aiden was my mate. They didn't know my mate was a male

Aiden hid behind me as my father walked towards us, disapproval swirling in his eyes.

' What is this?' He shouted, staring at Aiden hiding behind me.

I sighed but gently pushed Aiden from hiding behind me.

He hung his head, shaking a little. Not able to meet my father's eyes.

I wanted to scoop him into my arms and hide him in my room.

'This is my mate, father' I said.

'I will not let the next Alpha of my pack be a gay' My father shouted.

My heart pounded at his words.

'I will be the next Alpha. You said once I found my mate, I would be the next Alpha. It doesn't mean I have to mate him' I said, wanting to cry at my own words when I could see that it hurt Aiden.

My father stared at me.

'He will be here but, he will not rule alongside me' I said.

'Very well, find another mate but, keep this thing by your side. You'll only be powerful with your true mate. Just keep him but, find another mate as luna' My father said.

I nodded my head.

I walked inside my house, Aiden trailing wordless behind me.

I wanted to comfort him. Tell him that I was just lying.

But, my pack members, people loyal to my father could hear.

Aiden Whitlock's POV

'Did you hear what I said Aiden?' My mate asked.

I didn't hear what he said.

I was thinking about what my mother said and how much she hurt me. Regardless,  I nodded my head to my mate.

Woofy was being unusually quiet, he was upset but, he wouldn't tell me why.

I got out of the car, uncomfortable as people were staring at me.

I hid behind Alexander. I associated him with comfort and protection.
He saved me from my mother.

What is this?' Someone shouted, staring at me.

I was terrified.

I could help but shiver.

Alexander pushed me from behind him.

I wanted to cry and give a tantrum but, I could not move.

'This is my mate, father' Alexander said.

There was a hint of fear in his words.

Did he not like me? I  was just warming up to the idea of being his mate.

'I will not let the next Alpha of my pack be a gay' his father shouted.

My heart broke at his words. Tears filled my eyes. I would never be good enough for anyone.

'I will be the next Alpha. You said once I found my mate, I would be the next Alpha. It doesn't mean I have to mate him' My mate Said.

Tears started falling at his

'He will be here but, he will not rule alongside me' he continued.

I bit back a sob.

'Very well, find another mate but, keep this thing by your side. You'll only be powerful with your true mate. Just keep him but, find another mate as luna' his father said.

My mate nodded his head.

That's it? I would just be by his side, a toy to be used whenever he wanted .

Alexander walked into his house and I followed him, silently crying.

I tried to give control to Woofy but he didn't want it.

'Daddy say no be small. Must be big' Woofy whined.

'Shut up,woofy' I whispered in my head.

My tears dripped as I followed behind Alex.

Once we entered the room, Alex closed the door and hugged me.

'I did not mean a word I said, baby. I love you so much. We just have to pretend for a bit. Just until I officially become the Alpha. I'm sorry' Alex said, and hugged me.

'I-I don't understand' I whimpered.

'My father- he's different. He's homopho-Don't touch me, you're not my.mate' Alex said, and pushed me away.

Just then his room door opened and his father came in.

My brain couldn't comprehend the way Alex was behaving and I burst into tears.

I moved towards Alex for comfort but he pushed me away.

'Don't touch me' He shouted.

'And is there a reason why you're in my room, Father?' He asked, his father.

'This thing cannot be sharing a room with you! Look at him all pathetic and crying for no reason. I should do you a favour and kill it' His father said.

I cried more and moved further away from Alex and his father.

'You will do no such thing. With him,I'll get the most power. He's more worth alive then dead' Alex said.

His father nodded his head.

'I'll find suitable candidates for a mate and send them to you' He father replied, walking out.

Alex immediately turned to me and said multiple apologies.

He walked towards me but, the nearer he came the more scared I got.

'You scaring me' I said, crying.

I could see tears fill his eyes but, I was terrified of him.

Alex dropped to his knees. 'I'm so sorry baby. I'm trying not to' He said.