Street musician

Talia POV

"Take me back to the night we met."I sing and let the last notes of the guitar echo through the streets.

The people around me applaud and a few people even throw a coin into the guitar case that's laying in front of me.

"Thank you so much and have a great evening."I say and give the crowd a smile.
I decide to give it a rest for the night and start packing up all my things.

I pick up the guitar case and start to count all the coins.

I had a total of 25 coins and a fortune cookie.

Not that I don't appreciate it but why on Ninjago a fortune cookie.

I stuff the coins into my pants pocket but put the cookie in my jacket.

The sun has started to set now giving the city this beautiful glow, a glow that apparently attracts all the night thugs and shines a light on all the people that they could rob, For example me a lonely teenage girl.

I speed walk to my friends house, Antonia's house, and patiently knock on her door.

"Hey Mrs Ash, how are you?"I greet happily as she lets me in.

"Hey darling,I'm good. How are you?"she asks and gives me a tight hug.
This lady deserves everything in the world and a bit more for everything she has done for me.

"I'm good.Is Antonia home?"I ask knowing that she sometimes goes out with her newspaper buddies.

"Yeah she is.You can go right through."She replies and nods towards Antonia's room.

I say a thanks and walk through the house to Antonia's door.

I knock and walk in.

"Hey, here's your guitar.Thanks for letting me use it again."I say and place it on her desk before taking a seat in her desk chair.

"You know I think you should keep it.You use it wayyy more than I have ever."she jokes and gives me a hug.

I roll my eyes and fidget with a random pen.

We've known each other since we were about ten, so for about six years.
We went to the same school and since we beat up a couple of bullies together and sat detention for it together we have been pretty good friends.

"Any luck getting a job?"she asks me and I shake my head.

"Nope.No one wants a teen but I'm pretty sure no one wants a adult with no experience either one day."I sigh and she nods, understanding my struggles.

We both stopped going to school last year, once we finished 10th grade.

You have two options in Ninjago.

Either you can stop in 10th grade or you have to seek higher education, Which I couldn't afford nor really wanted to do.

"You have such musical talent Talia, why waste it on the side of the street?"Antonia asks looking at me intensely.

I let my head fall back and drag a hand over my face.

"You can literally play any instrument you have ever picked up and you have the best singing voice I have ever heard. And let's not ignore the fact that your an exceptional dancer even though you've maybe taken like what? A single half assed dance lesson given by our PE teacher in your life"she continues and I shake my head.

If she knew why I can do all the things I can do.

"The people on the side of the street are the only ones who actually actually willingly to listen to me. Well besides you of course"I grin and stand up.

The symphony to life, Lloyd (Ninjago)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें