Fight instincts what?

Talia POV

The sun hadn't even risen by the time I woke up the next morning and I must have spent an hour thinking about what happened last night.

Why were the ninja creeping around in the walls and how did they even get there?

I took a nice long shower, got ready for the day and was now standing in the breakfast line with Skylor and flash.

"You don't look too good, kid."Flash says but I dismiss his concern with a wave of my hand.

"I'm fine just couldn't sleep well last night and woke up early this morning."I reply and shrug.

Flash turns back around and I glance at Skylor.

Should I tell her about the ninja last night or not?

I ultimately decided not too but to rather confront the ninja myself.

I get my food and excuse myself from my group to walk over to the ninjas.

Before I can reach them, Chen announces something on the intercom which has my immediate attention.

"Will the following masters please make their way to their assigned arena?"Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Music, Nature and last but hopefully not least...fire.Remember only one can remain."he finishes with a cackle.

I quickly eat my food and make my way to the arena.

"Pick your poison" one of the guards say and shows me a table full of instruments.
I ultimately choose a flute as that is what I'm most comfortable with.

It's first flash against the master of gravity which, much to my delight, flash wins.

Soon it's my fight and I'm dying of nervousness.

"Talia, Master of music and sound versus bolobo, master of Nature!"Chen announces and the arena cheers.

I look at the jade blade at the top of the giant rock and let out a shaky breath, let's do this.

"I'll go easy on you, little girl."he says with a chuckle and I scowl at him.

"Please don't."I let my pride say.
I'm going to show his ass...hopefully.

Bolobo strikes out with a vine first which I deflect.

I let out a whistle and bend the sound waves under my feet to make me move faster.

He bends vines at me again but I gather the sound waves he released and clap them back at him.

He falls back so I use the opportunity to pull out my flute and use the sound to help me travel up the rock.

Just as I'm about to make it to the top a vine wraps around my waist and pulls me back down.

I grab onto the edge of the rock and change the tone of my flute into one  I know the vines will react too.

The vines now in my control releases and wrap around its own elemental master.

I swing myself on top of the rock and stand up.

I take a quick look down and grab the jade blade.

I pull it out of the rock and hold it up into the sky with a grin.

"We got a Winner and a Loser!"Chen announces as I hear people all around me cheer.

I watch as Bolobo falls it the floor and vanishes out of my sight.

"Master of music moves on!"Chen shouts gleefully.

I jump off of the top of the rock and look at the ninjas.

I see Garmadon give me an approving nod and nod back.

Next was Kai's fight which was pretty intense but Kai came out victorious.

We all made our way back too the palace and I decided this was my chance to talk too Lloyd

"Lloyd! Wait up!"I shout and he stops abruptly.

I pull him to the side and he gives me a curious look.

"How can I start this...I know you guys were creeping around the walls last night. I want to know why and how you got there?"I ask and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"We fell through Kai's bed?"he answers which sounds more like a question.

"Why were you guys all on Kai's bed?"I ask confused,"and how can you fall through a bed?"

"Because Cole sleeps on a rock and Jay picked up a pillow?"

I look at him with annoyed eyes,
"okay I'm done. Just don't creep around my room again."

I turn to walk away but Lloyd grabs my arm and turns me back around.

"We weren't creeping around. We were investigating."he rubs the back of his neck sheepishly and let's my arm go.

"Investigating what?"

"Come on. Don't you feel something off about this place too."

I think for a moment. Well he isn't wrong, something about this place feels off.

I decide to trust Lloyd and take a step closer to him so no one else can hear what I'm about to say.

"I have my reasons for being here but that reason won't help me if I fall through one of those trap doors, so if you guys have a plan to figure out what's going on... I'll help as best as I can."I say and look him in the eyes.

I also notice how red his cheeks are.

"We don't know what is wrong yet but I can tell you one thing.Don't lose."he says and looks back at his group who are all watching us now.

"Easier said than done."I smile slightly and take a step away from him.

I leave him and walk to the cafeteria.

When I walk in there is a commotion over at the board.

I push my way through to see that the board has changed.

It now says that the next match is Cole vs Jay.

I weasel my way through the people and walk up to my room.

Once I walk in I see a red envelope on my bed.

I open it and read it quickly,
"I see that your getting impatient master of music, that you want answers and so I'll give you a clue.Your family has multiple elemental masters in its line right now and two of them are here.A sister which would be you and a brother.Hope that will make you consider the bonds you are trying to form
-Sincerely master Chen."

I have a brother and he's here.
So you are telling me that one of the contestants here is my brother.
Ain't no way.

My element matches with none of the others so I can't base it on that nor can I try and match looks as that can differ in siblings.

I practice piano, violin, drums and guitar till I hear the gong for the next fight and realize that this is the fight between Cole and Jay.

I take a seat on one of the stands and Skylor takes a seat next to me.

"Who do you think is going to win?"Skylor asks.

"Cole has the advantage of strength while Jay could stun cole with his electricity so Im not sure."I explain and she nods in agreement.

The fight starts and let me tell you they did not hesitate to beat each other up.

They fight till Cole stops and we see them talking.

They seem to make amends and start fighting side by side as Chen lets out anaconda cars.

I watch as they take out the cars and Chen start setting off all the trap doors so they can both loose.

Cole goes to grab the jade blade but tosses it to Jay making Jay win.

We watch as Cole falls through the floor and something about that makes my heart ache as if I should care more than I do.

I can't put my finger on it but don't really try either.

All that counts now is to survive this whole thing.