I need to remain

Talia POV

"This is beautiful"I whisper to myself as I stare at the magnificent island.

I'm now surrounded by the rest of the contestants and they all take in the scene in front of us.

The massive drums, the people posing along the docks and the palace glistening in front of me, it was all beautiful.

"Welcome to Chen's island.The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters."Clause announces and goes on to talk to Garmadon.

I walk off the boat and follow after the ninja's.

Skylark catches up to me and we start talking about what might be expecting us.

I see her glance to the side and smile at someone.

"Lady's first."he says while looking at Skylor all dreamily.

"He's got the hots for you,"I whisper into her ear and smirk,"get it cause he's the master of fire."I joke to which she shoves me.

I got to admit the girl has got some strength.

I keep on smirking as we walk through the palace gates and past a couple more drum players.

We all enter into a hall and take a seat on these cushions that are all lined up in the shape of a massive circle.

"All rise for master Chen."Clause announces and we stand up.

"Welcome to the tournament of elements.Now everyone can die."
Chen says making my smile drop and reach for my flute that is still attached to my belt.

"Direct your attention to me."he says and lets out a maniacal laugh.

My room above the restaurant seems like the better option right now.

We all sit down again and listen to Chen ramble about the different elemental masters and the anaconda.

He reveals the battle brackets and I see that my first fight is against the master of nature and I am in the same bracket as the earth ninja, Cole.

Chen starts walking around the circle

"Behold a jade blade.
Here, it represents life, obtain it, move on.Allow your opponent to take it...Lose.The rules are simple.Every match will be different.No two fights will be the same.Each will have its own tune."he says as he gets to me and chuckles at his own joke.

"Your powers will keep you in the tournament.Use it or lose it."he says making me wonder what he meant with lose it.

Chen carries on talking about what we are here for and everyone cheers when he mentions the fortunes.

Of course money would be amazing and make my life so much easier but I am here to find out about my family.

"What happens if we lose?"I voice my concerns.

Chen walks back too me,
"Lose? Who here likes to lose?"he asks causing everyone to laugh except the ninja who look at me.

"Now please, enjoy my island.It's a super happy place.Ha, ha, ha.Fun time on me."Chen shouts with a evil cackle.

He's mental.
I'm on an island with someone mental and a bunch of strangers who's ultimate goal is to beat me up.
What was I thinking?

And it sounds like I can't even leave if I wanted to.

"You'll now each be shown to your rooms."Clause announces and claps his hands making women in traditional clothes and makeup walk into the room.

They each grab one of our arms and drag us to our individual rooms.