4- Haruka

"What?" We were each surprised and she laughed.

"I got hired a week after that was published. So, while I'm not aiming to be champion anymore, I've dedicated myself to helping other trainers who want the champion position. I was just excited to battle against your friend when I heard her cheering." Penny rolled her eyes and spoke.

"And now she's going to ask for a battle whenever she sees you." She sighed and Haruka laughed. "Fine with me." Nemona smiled and spoke. "You're the electric type gym leader then. Right?" She looked and I was confused.

"What do you mean?" "Gyms are type focused. Since Jolteon's an electric type, that's what I assumed." I was just confused and Haruka laughed.

"Type focused gyms? Sounds too easy. No way. My gym uses Pokémon that can use long range attacks with something that's either on them or they use. Jolteon's spikes and Tinkaton's hammer, and... well, you'll find out. Can't spoil any surprise if you do fight my gym." I thought and she faced me.

"Hey kid. I'm curious what Pokémon that is. Never seen one." "It seems like they'd want to stay in the forest and blend in for a reason. But, her name is Foramay..." She nodded and scanned her, the entry different for some reason.

"Foramay. The Forest Cat Pokémon. Foramay often blend in with their environments in spring and summer months. It is most vulnerable during winter."

Haruka nodded and smiled. "I see. Well, at least it's spring." I nodded and she spoke.

"My Uncle said your new friends here covered for you being so new." I was worried but she spoke. "I won't do anything. I find it sweet how easily you all seemed to have wanted to help her out. You've got questions about this region. Right? Ask away." She smiled and Penny sighed.

"That obvious?" "He only realized because of how surprised this one was." I looked aside and Penny nodded before she spoke.

"About the gym challenge so that this one doesn't go on a hour long rant." She grumbled and sighed. "What's everything with it?" She laughed and spoke. "You two don't get along?" "Come on! We're the best of friends!" "In your dreams. We hardly talk." Penny told Nemona and Haruka looked before she spoke.

"Alright. Anyways." We looked and she spoke. "There's 12 gym leaders. Each of us focus on a function. I use Pokémon with long-range attacks. I am known as one of the harder gym leaders, since I can't hold back once I'm pumped. My partners agree. Once you beat at least 8 gym leaders, assuming you're signed up with the league and you do it in a timely manner, you can sign up to fight for the title of champion. I'll let you guys see that in person." We nodded and I spoke.

"Is that all trainers can do?" "Nope. For example." She flipped through my book before landing on the model's page.

"Chester had decided to pursue an old dream they had. Really, you can do anything. Stay within legal territories and you'll be fine. Why?" I hesitated to speak so Arven did for me.

"So if you just want to journey. It's fine?" "That's what you're hesitant on?" I nodded and she spoke. "It's fine. I just suggest your new friends come with you to make sure nobody tries to pick on you or force you to do something." "We barely know each other. Just our names and our Pokémon." Haruka laughed and looked at Jolteon, who sighed.

"Better than my start. I traveled with the other trainers my professor had sent out and didn't have the confidence to talk to them for a month. For a whole month we just made sure we were all alive and didn't even talk. In fact, I was with Chester and another still aiming for champion, Chester's brother, Kaito." We nodded and I mumbled.

"Professor Minami just asked me to get data on the Pokédex." "Yeah that's completely fine. Most trainers start only aiming to do that." I nodded and mumbled. "Thank you..." She smiled and pat my head. "You're cute. Hey, how long are you all staying here?" "Until our next Treasure Hunt. Which has been decided to be at the start of the year after. Why?" Penny told her and she nodded. She faced Nemona and smiled.