Office Elevator

"Good morning"

"Good morning"

"Morning"

"Very good morning sir"

"How are you Mrs. Nayee? Good morning."

"Have a good day Mr. Joe."

"Your coffee is at your desk Ma'am."

"Sir, Yes, I printed the file and sent it to division C for review."

I kept smiling and greeted everyone on the way to the elevator with a 10 KG weighing box full of files and stationary. This cursed elevator is what I hate the most. I am spending more time here than my desk. Because most of the time I am running errands.

I work in an MNC with more than 40 million employees working under three consecutive high storey buildings. I started working here a year ago. When I entered this firm, I was sure to be successful because I had good grades, morals, ethics, personality, a dimpled cute smile, enthusiastic middle class family, some supportive friends, etc., etc.

But I forgot. What I don't have is a big influential background, a lot of stacked money in my pocket and ability to suck up to everyone to reach where I want to go.

Still, I work on 27th floor. That's reaching somewhere right?

Well, my job is well paying. And I work as an assistant to deputy junior chief director. Yeah. That's some post they created for someone who was not worth being a director, not even a chief director and not even a junior chief director. But they somehow wanted to keep him and not throw him out because he sucks up good with the higher-ups.

However funny it is, I can't laugh about that in front of my boss. He loves only praises. And I shower him with it. Sometimes I am sarcastic, but he doesn't seem to understand. Maybe that IQ is what gave him that post...

Well, today is my work anniversary and as per company rules, I will receive a gift from the CEO. A bouquet and a card congratulating me for being here and staying back and not running away and... yeah... that's that.

Another reason why am not a candy for sore eyes... No actually I am harsh on ears, and that is my big mouth. I am sometimes way too honest for my own good. But anyway. I somehow survived a year here. So I have been rewarded.

Today I have to move these boxes from 27th floor to ground floor courier office. Amazing isn't it? I love my job so much it's literally weighing upon me. Right now 10 KG.

It's the seventh time I am boarding this dreaded elevator. But from 27th floor to ground floor it gives me time to dance to the hook of my favorite song. At least that is something right?

I was about to take out my ear pods when I noticed that the lift stopped on 25th floor.

25th floor is a spare floor for contract workers who usually handle logistics. It's awesome to see someone outside from office.

"Good morning." I greeted with the same plastered smile to whoever it was. Then I saw a tall well-built guy with a frown and a coffee stained shirt. He doesn't seem familiar at all. And he is having a company's brand fastening tape in his hand. So he is a contract logistic worker after all.

"Oh... It seems your morning has not been good?" I chuckled. Oops! Did I say it out loud?

The guy tilted his head with a blank face. The elevator door closed and it started to go down again.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off. But hey. Good part? Your shirt is white. It will not stain." I tried to comfort him.

He scanned my id card.