Chapter 1: New Friends

Narrators Pov: 

Julie woke up in her bedroom. Her bedroom had sage green walls and records decorating a few of them. She loved music and thought of it as therapy. Mainly because it was therapy. 

Every Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, Thanksgiving or even on a random Tuesday, her parents would buy her something that had to do with music. That would be like New Walkmans, records, New headphones, speakers, record players and more. 

Julie and her family are pretty rich. They live in a 3 story mansion with anything they could ever want and more. People in the neighborhood or even in town would envy the Smiths. 

They were a perfect family living in a perfect home. The parents had two wonderful and behaved kids that a lot of parents wanted. They didn't have to worry about anything in life because they had everything. 

But what people didn't know was that it wasn't always perfect. Sure they had a perfect family. Julie's mom and dad were so kind and understanding towards their kids. and vice versa. But Julie felt stuck. She felt as if her whole life was already planned. That everything she did was being watched and controlled. That she didn't even have a choice. 

But she did have a choice. It wasn't the best choice but she could at least pick. Either be controlled, where everything is handed to her, with a perfect life. or be a mess, a screw up, and a disappointment with a horrible life. It was her choice. 

Every morning she would wake up to the sound of birds chirping out her window. With the bright and warm sun to ease her awake. She would take a shower and let the warm steaming water hit her body just right. Where at that moment she felt like she was worth something.

She would then do her skincare, and get dressed and do her makeup. She knew she was beautiful with and without make up, but she liked the process and excitement of doing her makeup. Sometimes she wouldn't wear makeup other times she would. It wasn't like a forced step in her morning routine.

She would head down stairs to the smell of fresh breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and pancakes with fruit on the side. Every morning she would have the same thing, Not because she was forced to but because she loved her breakfast. Her chef, Apollo, would make sure to make the bacon extra toasted and eggs sunny side up with the yolk still runny. She loved the way Apollo made her breakfast. It made her smile from ear to ear.

Then she would head off to school. She had a chauffeur but she would refuse to take a car to school, even if she was driving. The school was only a couple minutes away and she liked walking too. 

She would see the same two kids walking in the direction to school every day. It was a boy who looked her age and a girl who looked a year or two younger. She always thought they were siblings by the way they talked and acted to each other. 

She would walk across the street from them because her house was a different street. She would make a right turn and there they were, the two siblings walking. 

-----------------------------------------------

Julie was on her way to school, when she saw the two siblings walking. She never had the courage to walk up to them or even speak to them in class or in the hallways. 

She envied how close they were because her and her sister were two opposites. Her sister was a preppy girly girl. She would always be so positive and she was always kind. She would wear dresses and different hairstyles everyday. Julie was similar to her only because she was supposed to be. 

She had to be kind to everyone because her family had a reputation. She had to be positive for the same reason too. The only thing that were different between the girls were their taste and minds.