13 | Missy

Elodie Blood

I don't know what to think. Alastor Volkov just kissed me.

Yes, it was so no one could recognize or see me, but- oh my gosh. What the hell have I let happen?

The kiss wasn't long, but his lips were velvety and sweet. Damn him. It's going to be all I think about.

I knock my head back against the wall of the hallway. I groan quietly. "I'm just going to go home." I rub a hand over my forehead. "That's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to go home and go to sleep," I decide.

I push off the wall and head towards the kitchen. Halfway through the kitchen, I eye a bottle of vodka on a counter. I look to my right and left—checking for people I know aren't in here—then grab the bottle.

Outside the building, I go to the front where people's cars are parked and find one unlocked. With no keys, I stick the tip of my knife into the ignition and attempt to start the car. It doesn't work. I throw the vodka in the passenger seat.

I huff and get out of the car, quietly closing the door despite wanting to slam it. Taking a breath, I mess up my hair and check my makeup in the window.

As I start to walk over to the valet, I push up my breasts and pull the neckline of my dress down a bit more. I stop by the man with his hands folded in front of him.

"Hello." I look out at the woods surrounding us. I can feel the man's eyes glance at me.

"Hello," he mumbles.

"Can I get the keys to my car?" I ask sweetly. I look up at the man through my lashes.

He looks down at me, taking a glance at my chest. "Yeah. What's your car?"

"I actually don't really remember at the moment," I lie. "I guess the alcohol is still wearing off," I giggle. "Could you give me the keys to that car? It's mine." I point to the car I just left.

The corner of his mouth lifts. "That's one hell of a car, ma'am." He searches through the keys before holding some out for me.

"I know. I like fast cars." I smile and wink, taking the keys. "Thank you," I call over my shoulder as I walk away.

"You're welcome," the man replies.

I start the car and turn on the heat. After a moment, I reverse and drive off. The only light around is the headlights on the car lighting up the road. The woods surrounding me are dark and daunting.

It takes almost half an hour to get back into the city, and the stars above soon disappear. Music from clubs drifts onto the streets and reaches my ears as I drive by.

I park the car in a parking garage a few minutes away from my apartment. I take the keys and vodka with me and start walking back.

Outside the complex, I hear whining from the bushes. I ignore it, guessing it's a stray animal and continue walking towards the stairwell. I hear steps behind me.

I pull out my knife and point it out, but nothings there. Looking down- it's a dog. The whining coming from the bushes was a small brown dog. It looks like a wet rat.

Its eyes are big looking up at me. I stare back, sliding my knife back into my thigh holster. It whines and tilts its head, shifting on its feet.

"What?" I ask. It can't talk. It doesn't make another noise. I turn around and walk again, but hear the dog following me. I turn around. "I'm not taking you to my apartment."

It just tilts its head. I look up the stairwell, then back to the dog. Rolling my eyes, I give in. "Fine," I huff.

I continue up the stairs to my apartment as the dog follows me. I open the door and let the dog in first. It slowly walks in and sits by the table, still looking at me.