18 | Ultraviolence

Elodie Blood

"Can we get a room, please?" I ask the receptionist, laughing as Alastor squeezes my waist from behind.

"Of course, ma'am," she says, grabbing a card for us. "Here you go. Enjoy your stay."

"We will," Alastor replies, pulling me to the elevator.

In the confining metal box, Alastor pushes me against the wall and cups my face in one of his hands, whispering his lips so close to mine. With parted lips, I sneer at him. "Stop teasing."

He just laughs at me, ducking his head for a moment. When he meets my gaze again, his other hand slips around my waist. "Who said I was teasing, darling?"

Done with his games, I clutch the collar of his shirt and tug him down to meet my lips. Alastor groans at the contact, and I smile against his lips.

His lips against mine ignites fireworks all across my skin, sparking and spiking. His hand slips further back into my hair to tilt my head back as he drops his head to kiss my neck.

His lips are feather light and traveling on and on. He kisses along my jaw to my ear, then he finds that spot below it that has me letting out a low moan. Chuckling, he starts sucking the spot, biting it then licking it.

After he places another kiss on that spot, the elevator dings and the doors open onto our floor. Alastor pulls away, gently grabbing my hand in comparison to when he pulled me to the elevator, and takes me down the hall to our room.

He scans the keycard and pushes me in in front of him, then closes the door behind us.

I walk to the center of the room, Alastor's presence lingering behind me. The room is pristine and large, a king bed sitting against the wall to my right. There's sliding doors that lead out to the balcony, a door by the room door that I guess is the bathroom, and a door beside the bed for a supposed closet.

"The room's ni-" I start, getting cut off by the man behind me.

"Strip," Alastor orders. My heart immediately stutters at his voice.

I turn around on my heel, a brow raised. "That was rude. I was just saying this room's ni-" He did it again.

"Strip, Elodie. Now." His head tilts to the side, promising nothing good, and his eyes darken so much the green is barely recognizable.

"That's the second time you cut me off," I huff.

"That's the second time I've told you to strip and your clothes are still on," he hums. He starts to take slow, calculating and devious steps towards me. "Want to explain why, love?"

He stops in front of me, peering down at me and I wouldn't be surprised if he was glancing at my chest.

"You cut me off," I reply. "If you're going to cut me off, my clothes aren't coming off, Volkov." I lift my chin, staring into his dark green eyes.

A small smirk curls his lip to the side. He lifts his hand, holding my chin with his thumb and index finger. "Would you like to speak now, Blood?" he whispers.

"The room's nice," I finally get out.

"Hmm," he hums, deep and long. "Anything else?" his eyes dart to my lips.

"Stop looking at my lips," I grunt.

His smile doesn't leave as he slowly looks back to my eyes. "I was just admiring," he innocently murmurs.

"Would you like to admire anything else?" My voice is quiet as I lift my hands, sweeping my hair behind my shoulders. I brush my fingers across the straps of the slip dress I stole from a store earlier.