Chapter 13: Another Morning

(Art above not made by me)

(Hey guys I know its been some time. I havent wrote anything in a while and Im sleep deprived. I only had 3 hours of sleep for 3 days now and my eyes burn but ill make at least a short chapter for you all)

Just like any morning you walk into the kitchen for a snack. At least thats what the plan was until you found Zane sitting at the kitchen island. His back faced you, unaware of your precense. Seeing him up before you was a strange sight. Silently stepping to the side to see this face you wounder if he fell asleep there. But instead he is resting his chin in his hands, wide awake. Awake and...contemplating? So deep in thought he doesn't even notice you right beside him. "You seem troubled." He flinches slighty, finding your voice to be sudden at the moment. "Uh...no i, I just been thinking about things." Raising an eyebrow you sit on one of the stools. "About what?" He turns to, opening his mouth but shutting it quickly you as if he didnt know how to choose the right words. He straightened his back and sighed, "Just...something I'll need to talk to my sister about." You started to grow a little concerned but you guessed its something a little more personal. Not wanting to pry at anything uncomfortable you decided to go with your original plan. Opening the fridge you take out an apple, nearly tripping over your tail in the process from being tired. A knock on the door grabbed both of your attention. Zane was the first to walk to the door and answer it. His curious face turned into a smile. "Hey buddy! Welcome home." Little Keith jumped into his arms....'damn with big arms like that imagine the grip he could have.... WAIT WHAT?!' Mentally slapping yourself back to reality you see Keith start to run up to you only to hault a bit and frown. Confused at his reaction you tried to break the ice, "sup?" He walked closer and tilted his head to the side staring at you. "What happened to your face?" You had to mentally slap yourself again now knowing as to what he ment. "Well lets just say that its a good thing you werent here at the time cause...well he had a...a home intruder." Now with wide eyes he looks at Zane. "Yeah we did. Its been dealt with though so no more of that. (Y/n) made sure of that." You tilted your head towards him. 'Why would he give me most of the credit when he and Grace were the reason I even beat them quickly?' "Cool battle scars! You're a hero (y/n)!" You chuckled a bit. "Now i have been called many things in my life, but a hero? I dont know about that." Zane faced the door leading to the other room. "Hey sis!" You didnt even notice till now that Grace walked in rubbing her eyes. A smile quickly placed on her face as she went on her knees to give keith a proper height hug. "I was woundering what the extra voice was. Anything you wanna do for the day or do you want a nap?" Keith was obviously hyper. "I saw many things! You wouldnt believe!" Dealing with a loud kid in the morning could be painful to the ears. Grace didnt want to be rude but even you saw her wince a little with each shout. Wanting to give Grace her space and wanting Zane to get a chance to talk you wave Keith over as you walked towards the staircase. "How about you tell me about it in your room?" Keith quickly ran of the stairs as if it was a race. Walking up the stairs you look back once before entering into the bedroom. Keith started to ramble about how he saw deer and even fed them and his grandparents house and how he saw 2 raccoons fight over a peice of cotton candy he left out for them. You giggled along with his little tales as he went on and on.