nightmare

I literally fell asleep while writing the last few paragraphs. This was supposed to be published yesterday :')

TW: mention of torture with electricity / traumatic nightmares

Hyunjin stormed into minho's room seeing jisung already there. He immediately wrapped his arms around the injured male once he was close enough to his bed, which startled both minho and jisung who had to pull his hand away scared it would be crushed between the two. “i always thought you were dumb but not this dumb” hyunjin mumbled against his best friend's shoulder “what the hell were you thinking?” he finally pulled away and looked at a shocked minho who was about to say something “don't you dare say it” hyunjin cringed once he actually realized what he had done “i wasn't going to say anything” minho said with a small smile on his tired face, his voice was barely even audible “you look like shit” he chuckled “you're one to speak” hyunjin rolled his eyes as he sat on the chair next to the bed “i wanna see felix” minho said, getting an eye roll from jisung which he didn't notice, but hyunjin did and glared at him. “he can't walk or move properly right now” hyunjin returned his focus back on minho “i can-” he was cut off by both hyunjin and jisung “no you can't” they stopped him from getting up as that would only cause damage to his fresh wound “neither of you can move right now” hyunjin pushed him back careful not to press harshly on his wounded chest “is he okay?” minho managed to say after a few coughs “no” hyunjin said with sadness replacing his worried features “he went through hell minho” hyunjin's voice was shaking as he tried to swallow the knot forming in his throat “can you not right now?” jisung aggressively said to stop hyunjin from continuing “jisung he's his fucking brother he deserves to know his condition” hyunjin spoke with same aggressiveness “stop being fucking selfish” if glares could kill jisung would be dead because of how hyunjin was glaring at him.

“okay what is going on here?” minho looked at both of them confused.
“nothing” hyunjin said getting the 'i don't believe you' look from minho “you two are obviously hiding something what is it?” minho asked, his voice more audible this time “is it about felix?”

“it's not my place to say it, i think jisung can tell you himself ” hyunjin said sending another death stare to jisung who was seconds away from lashing out.
“you know what? I don't wanna know” minho was too tired to keep up with them “when can i see him?” he asked

“i don't know— i don't really know anything about felix right now other than that he's in pain” hyunjin sighed as the memory of the younger's scars and bruises came through his mind again reminding him of how bad they're “how bad is it?” minho asked his eyes filling up with tears.

Minho wasn't someone known as emotional, but the thought of his brother being in severe pain clouded his mind, and it hurt him even more than his own injury. All he wanted was to keep his brother away from harm, but he failed him, and failed his mother.

He promised her Felix would be his first priority over anything. She begged him to take care of him, but he failed her.
He couldn't protect him and it was eating him up.