fourteen.

***Two-Bit's POV***

I sit at home with my head in my hands. Where did Bailey go? I'm getting worried, but guess I shouldn't be. She's probably with Andrew.

I feel like there's something off about that guy.

I wanted Bailey so bad, and I'm pretty sure I lost my chances with her. It just sucks because I've developed these feelings for her that I can't seem to shake.

I sit up and hear the phone ringing. I reach over and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hiya Two-Bit! It's Soda, look I just need you to mosey on down to the hospital, nothing's wrong I just need ya down here!" Soda says in an overly happy voice.

"What's your deal, Curtis?"

"Nothing!" he says, almost too quickly.

"Okay, I'll be down there soon."

I hang up and head for the hospital.

Bailey is all that's on my mind. This is nothing new, it's just stronger today for some reason. It's like I can sense that something's wrong with her. But I'm probably just overthinking it, right?

I just hope it's not too late to tell her how I feel about her.

Like really, really feel about her.

I walk into the hospital a few minutes later, just in time to hear a bone-chilling scream. I see Soda sitting on a chair and give him a weird look. He gives me a you-haven't-seen-nothing-yet look.

I walk over.

"So we have a slight issue..." Soda starts.

The screaming continues.

"You said nothing bad happened, Soda," I say, agitated.

"Well, that's the thing..."

"Curtis, you tell me now or you're going to be living here for the rest of your short life," I say through my teeth. I grab his collar to get the point across.

"Ok... Well... Bailey..."

"FOR GOD'S SAKE CURTIS SPIT IT OUT!!!"

"We think Bailey tried to kill herself..." he says slowly.

"What kind of bullshit is that!?"

"She, um, she threw herself from her hospital window about an hour ago.."

I release him from my grasp and he crumbles to the floor.

No, that can't be...

I turn and bolt to the front desk, demanding to see her. They say that I can't, and in response to that, I punch the desk. This isn't fair!

I race through the halls, searching for her name on one of the clipboards outside each room. 

Finally, I find her.

I race in and close the door quickly so no one knows I'm there.

And even in the condition she's in, she's still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I rush to her side and breath sharply to keep from crying. Her eyes are closed peacefully, her body is limp, her arms are palms up by her sides...

Hang on, were those cuts always there?

I pick up her arm and notice the dozens of slashes - that clearly were no accident - resting on top of aged scars.

Her trying to kill herself wasn't a sudden act. She'd felt this way for some time.

My heart crumbles within itself and I begin to cry, leaning against her.

Then it dawns on me: did she actually just "fall" from the bridge?

There's no way.

I trail kisses up her arm as I try to figure out how no one knew about this. How could she keep this to herself? God, the whole thing just breaks my heart.

I hear voices outside. I place one last kiss on her cheek before heading back home.