A Goal for the future

Training at the, now, rather popular Dagobah Beach, in a private area he had made stood Izuku Midoriya. He was both nervous and excited for what he was about try and do.

Today was the day that he would practice flying for the first time. He was slightly glad that his friend Yui couldn't be there so he wouldn't embarrass himself in front of her. She was hanging out with her friend and said that they could meet up at the entrance exam since it was only a couple of days away.

Shaking off his nerves, he began to rethink on all the notes his sensei had left for him.

"Okay so sensei said that I can transform into a large Phoenix or a human-phoenix hybrid at will. So let's try out the hybrid form first since it's the one I'd seen him use."

Closing his eyes Izuku began to swirl his flames around his body. He mainly focused on trying to remember how his sensei had looked when he was in his hybrid form and using that image he began to change his body.

Over the month that he took to practice and train with his new powers, he had become rather adept to being able to use his phoenix flames to a rather high degree all thanks to the notes and instructions his mentor had left for him.

After a few seconds he became excited as he could feel his feet becoming bigger and shaper, showing that he was changing them into talons.

Regaining his focus he began to swirl his flames around his body faster.

As he continued to focus he began to feel as if his arms were expanding and growing, he could also feel the heat of his flames as they began to spread over his arms taking the form of wings.

Even though this process felt like it took a while, he had only been standing there for no more then a few minutes.

Taking a deep breath he opened his eyes and what he saw left him feeling extremely happy and excited.

Looking over his arms and legs Izuku could see that he had been able to pull off the human-phoenix hybrid mode. The only difference was that his wings were a shining green color compared to his mentors blue flames.

Taking a deep breath Izuku looked up to the sky.
"Okay, I guess it's now or never"

Giving his new wings a few flaps to test them out he decided that he was ready to try and fly.

Crouching down Izuku extended both his wings into the air and with one quick motion brought both of them down and succeeded in launching himself into the air, not noticing that he had created a small crater where he was once standing.

While in the air he looked over to the oceans horizon and became mesmerized at what he saw.

He could clearly see the color of the sun reflecting off the blue waves, which combined with his high view point left him amazed at how beautiful it looked.

He was so mesmerized that he didn't even notice that someone was watching him fly in the air with a surprised and shocked look on their face.

Before he could continue to admire the scenery, he suddenly felt gravity taking hold of him and Izuku began to descend from the sky at a rapid pace.

Regaining himself Izuku began to flap his arms up and down and he soon found himself rising back up into the air.

"I think I'm getting the hang of this" he laughed out as he began to soar in the air.