Chapter 4.

Throwing on my uniform and dashing out of my flat at 6 a.m. was definitely on my schedule for a Saturday morning. "Bye Natey!" I yelled in his ear, making my close friend fall off my couch in shock. He glared at me. "For last night." I winked, slamming the front door behind me and running down the stairs and outside the building. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" I yelled, jumping into my car and driving pretty damn quickly to Steak 'n Shake. "I'm coming!" I yelled into my phone, not looking at the caller I.D. "Calm down, babe!" Penelope yelled back. "You don't have to come to work, babe. Just go back home and rest." I slammed on my breaks, cars honking their horns around me.

Giving some passerby the finger and smirking at their face of awe, I pulled over to the side of the road, turning my car off. "What the hell do you mean, 'don't come in'. I just had a bloody panic attack over a fucking call that told me to get to work ASAP!" I screamed in frustration. "It's all taken care of, Steph." I could practically feel her smirk as I growled at the nickname. "Tell everyone at work not to fucking call me on my day off ever again unless someone died." And with that, I hung up.

 Not even five minutes later my phone was buzzing like crazy again. I groaned, answering. "Yes?" I snapped into the speaker. A deep laugh came from the other person, followed by heavy breathing. "Who is this?" I was getting irritated of people and I was tired, not wanting to deal with some prank callers.

"It's Harry." His voice rung in my ears and I groaned. "Y'mean that snarky curly head from yesterday?" I could practically sense him rolling his eyes and sticking his tongue out at me through the phone. "No. It's Harry that incredibly sexy guy with curls." Laughing softly, I shook my head. "How'd you get my number?" There was no response for a minute and I debated on whether I should hang up or not. 

"I took your phone yesterday when you came over and got your phone number from the settings." I sighed. "And why did you do that?" "Because I wanted to talk, is that such a crime?" I nodded my head, then slapped my forehead when I realize he couldn't see me. "Quite the crime, actually. I see no reason for us to chit-chat when I could be sleeping right now." Harry stayed silent for a moment. "Does that mean I woke you up?" "No, my coworker did when she was practically having a panic attack at work and insisted me to get there as soon as possible then called me when I was half way there to tell me that she no longer needed my help." I rambled on.

Harry laughed through the phone and I seriously thought about driving to his flat just to punch him in the face. "Does that mean you're free today?" I thought about it for a few seconds. "I suppose I'm free, but Nathan and I will probably end up doing something. Why?" I wondered aloud. Harry didn't answer me, instead asking me another question. "Who's Nathan?" I rolled my eyes at the thought of my close- but extremely immature- friend. "He's my neighbor who tends to crash at my flat sometimes." 

There was an awkward silence, which after a minute or so, I broke. "Why were you asking about what I'm doing anyway?" It was Harry's turn to sigh, followed by a "date Lou". My eyes widened and I almost dropped my phone on the floor of my car. "Excuse me?" I asked, attitude filling my voice. "Just go on a date with him!" He whined.

I groaned exasperatedly. "Look, it's nice that you want your friend to be happy, and it's cute that he likes me, but I'm not looking for a relationship. The only reason I accepted his date invitation was because he wouldn't stop asking me and was getting on my nerves. He's cute and all, but I'm not interested in anyone right now." Harry moaned and groaned in response. "But he's in One Direction." Was Harry's clever retaliation.

"Wait, you mean to say a boy band member likes me? OMG, this is insane! I can't wait to go back home and put this in blog! Hehehehe." I sarcastically responded. "Did you just say O.M.G.?" Harry asked, confusion in his voice. I rolled my eyes. "Just acting like what you expect me to be." I paused, but continued before Harry got another chance to talk.

"You may think that since you're rich and famous you can get anyone and anything you want, but you can't. Because no matter how much money Louis spends on me, how many concerts he gets me into, or how many jobs he hooks me up with, I won't be with him. I don't even want to be in a relationship, not to mention one with a celebrity. I gave him one chance and he said he'd call me, it's not my fault he never got my number." 

Harry muttered something like 'bitch' into the phone, but I just hung up, satisfied with the fact that I didn't blow up on him. I parked my car in front of my flat, jiggling with my keys and phone in my hands as I finally got my front door open. Stepping inside, my phone almost immediately blasted into vibrates for the third time in the past half hour. 

"Hello?" I asked, trying to remain calm. "Hi Stephanie." "Hello Louis, I assume Harry gave you my phone number?" "So how about that date?" He ignored my question and I mentally groaned.