fourteen

i sit at the kitchen table, along with detective miller and detective wright, holding an ice pack to my head.

it's the same night. still halloween night.

after finney, gwen and robin found me, i told them everything and we rushed home and called the cops.

it doesn't feel real. i mean, danny can't be gone, can he? why him? why didn't he grab me instead?

"so the grabber led you and danny to his van and you didn't think it was a bit weird for a man to ask you to follow him to his van?" detective miller asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"i did! danny didn't! i just followed him."

detective miller nodded and wrote it down on his stupid notepad.

"please find him." i cried, practically begging them, "please find him and bruce."

the two detectives stood, getting ready to leave since they got enough information.

"we are trying, allison." detective wright said, placing a hand on my shoulder, "but for right now, i need you, your brother and sister to be careful. i need all of you to be careful, okay?" he said, looking right at them and at robin.

the three all nodded.

"have a good night, mr blake." detective wright said to dad who nodded and closed the door behind them.

"i should be going." robin spoke up, "see you guys at school. and i'm sorry mi amor." he said to me, with a frown before leaving.

"you two. upstairs now." dad said to finney and gwen. they didn't argue, they just went, leaving me alone, with dad.

"stop crying." dad groaned, as he grabbed his bottle of vodka and sat down at the kitchen table.

i rubbed my eyes with my hands, not really caring if my makeup was ruined and laid my head down on the table.

"look, allison. im sorry about that boy." he said, with such hatred, "but you need to grow up and stop crying. he's not dead. you know who's dead? your mother." his eyes teared up as he drank from his bottle.

i glared at him, "that boy happens to be my best friend. so yeah dad, im going to cry. let me cry."

he slammed the bottle down, making me flinch, "don't talk back to me, you hear me? don't talk back to me!"

his yelling made me flinch again and he stood up, grabbing the one thing i hated with everything in me, his belt.

"no, no, no, dad please." i shook my head as he roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me off the chair.

"stop it please." i cried, as he began to beat me.

"i am your father! you do not talk back to me, okay?! do you hear me?" he yelled into my ear, making me cry harder.

i nodded, "yes i hear you! im sorry!"

"what?!"

"IM SORRY!"

————

i collapsed onto the floor in my room, in pain. my dress was covered in blood. every part of my body ached.

why does he do this to me? why do i allow him?

i walked into my bathroom, still crying, and took off my dress. i gasped, seeing what my body looked like in the mirror.

my back was all bloody and bruises were beginning to form. i pulled out bandages and other things and began cleaning my back.

i cried out in pain each time i put pressure on my wounds. after an hour of crying, my back was covered in bandages and i felt better.

i changed into my pjs and crawled into bed. i cried until i finally i fell asleep.

————

where was vance when i needed him?

the three of us walked to school in silence. i wore a huge sweatshirt and jeans. i made sure to hide everything from gwen and finney.

this was the worse beating i had ever gotten. all because i cried over a boy who got taken right in front of me.

my eyes landed on a missing poster with dannys face on it.

"im so sorry, allie." gwen whispered, while hugging me softly.

"same." finney said, hugging me as well.

"HOW COULD YOU!" i heard sarah scream as she stormed up to me and smacked me across the face.

holy shit, can i ever get a fucking break?

"YOU LET MY BROTHER GET TAKEN! IT SHOULD OF BEEN YOU! YOU BITCH! I HATE YOU!" she began hitting me, lightly though, as she broke down crying.

"leave her the fuck alone!" the voice i never thought i'd hear again, yelled, shoving her away from me.

"are you okay?" his hand gently touched my cheek.

i couldn't help but smile a little.

but i needed to show that i was pissed at him.

"stop. don't touch me." i shoved his arm away and began walking into school.

oh, finn and gwen dipped, alright.

"hey, get over here." he stopped me once we reached my locker, "what's wrong? what did i do?"

i scoffed, "you've been ignoring me, that's what. don't start fucking talking to me or caring for me after not talking to me for five fucking weeks, vance."

"is that what your upset about? that i'm not talking to you?" he laughed.

"it's not funny, asshole." i said, putting in my combination for my locker.

"maybe i just thought that you wanted nothing to do with me anymore. don't act all innocent either, allison. you have ignored me too." he said, leaning against the lockers. (so hot when men do that)

"guess i didn't realize." i said, sarcastically.

"look, i'm sorry about that. im sorry about everything. can we just start over? please?" his eyes held a pleading look that i knew i couldn't say no to.

"yeah whatever."

he smiled, "there's a party this weekend. just a few people from school, not that big. i want you to come with me."

"you think i'm up for a party? after everything?" i asked him, shutting my locker.

"it will help take your mind off things. please? for me."

i sighed and nodded, "fine. i'll go. for you."