~Chapter Seventeen~

My alarms went off again this morning. I woke up at the first one and then turned them all off completely so they wouldn't go off again tomorrow. I laid in bed, waiting for something. I'm not even sure what I was waiting for.

"Are you going to class today?" I heard Deku from the floor. I forgot he stayed here.

"No."

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, go to class. I'll be okay." I said.

"Text me if you need me." He said. I just nodded. He walked out, probably to go get dressed for school.

I pulled out my phone and pulled up Disney+. I saw Ratatouille sitting in my 'continue watching' list. That's the last thing we watched on my phone together.

I decided to try and finish it. We were more than half way through it, so I should be able to finish it.

I was wrong. I got twenty minutes into the forty minutes we had left and started crying again. I wish he was here to finish it with me.

I put my phone down and got dressed. I decided to go out to the store. I wanted to make paracord bracelets for the BakuSquad.

I waited until my classmates were in class and then headed out.

When I got there, I headed to where the paracord was, grabbing two colors; red and silver. I also got a pack of black clasps to close them.

I got that stuff as well as some cheap spicy tuna sushi and a pepsi to eat as a snack and then headed back to the dorms.

I put the cord on my desk, not wanting to make them right now and changed back into what I was wearing last night. I grabbed my snack and headed down to the common room to watch some TV. I put on netflix, picking some random show to watch. I just wanted background noise. Just something to keep my mind occupied.

"Mind if I join?" I heard Kaminari.

"I could use the company." I said. He sat down next to me and played a random game on his phone. I stared at the TV with a blank stare as I shoved cheap sushi into my mouth. I was hardly taking in what was happening on the screen.

The two of us did this for a while, just sat there in silence.

We'd lost track of time. We'd only realized when our classmates started coming back into the dorms. Mina sat down between Kaminari and I as soon as she walked in.

"It really isn't the same." She said.

"Never will be." I replied.

~~~

That night, Mina, Sero, Kaminari, and I decided to cheer ourselves up by making some snacks and watching movies all night. We all decided we weren't going to bother trying to go to class tomorrow, so it didn't matter how late we stayed up.

We all picked a movie from our childhood to watch. We started the night out with Mina's pick, which was the first Tinkerbell movie. I Hadn't watched a Tinkerbell movie since Deku and I were little kids.

When we'd gotten through a few movies, I remembered I had the paracord to make those bracelets. I ran up and grabbed it without exactly telling the others what I was doing, so they were confused as hell when I ran up to grab it.

When I came back down with those and some scissors, I set the stuff down on the floor in front of us.

"I got stuff to make bracelets...in memory of Kiri..." I said, Mina sat down on the floor with me and got right to making her bracelet. Once Sero and Kaminari watched for a minute, they moved down onto the floor with us and started making bracelets too.

The movie got drowned out by us talking. We all told stories and shared memories of Kiri while we made the bracelets. This was the first time I was able to think about him without crying since he died. Progress.

~~~

When we finally decided to turn in for the 'night' our classmates were already downstairs getting ready to leave for class. I grabbed all the extra material, which was about thirty feet of rope per color and my scissors, and headed up to my dorm room. I set the stuff on my desk and then laid in my bed.

I struggled to fall asleep. Despite staying up all night and being social, I felt wide awake and incredibly alert. I laid there, arm in the air and stared at the bracelet I'd just made.

I miss him so much. He was everything to me.

Things are so different without him by my side.

I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt my pillow getting wet.

I just want him back.

~~~

I eventually woke up around three p.m. to my phone ringing off the hook. Being exhausted, I thought it was Kirishima calling me. The disappointment I felt when it was Mina's name coming across the screen instead of his.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Do you wanna hang out?" She asked.

"Sure. Here in the dorms? Or did you want to go somewhere?"

"I wanted to go shopping. I wanted a new outfit for...Sunday." her voice got quieter. That's right...there were only two more days until his funeral.

"Let me get dressed. I'll meet you in the common area."

"Okay, see you soon." She said. I set my phone down and tried to process it.

Two days.

That's all the time I have left until I see you for the last time.

It's been four days without you. It feels like it's been so much longer. It feels like time is dragging.

I got dressed in some jeans and a t-shirt, throwing Kirishima's Crimson Riot hoodie on as well. When I walked down to the common area. Mina was downstairs sitting at the table.

"Is it just us? Are Kaminari and Sero coming with?"

"Just us. Kami and Sero already have outfits."

"Alright, where to?" I asked. She stood from the table and led us out the big doors of the dorm house. She never did actually answer me, but I knew we were going to the mall when I noticed what direction we were walking. I should've known though, our mall really is the only place to get decent clothes around here.

When we got there, we wandered in and out of so many stores, looking for the perfect outfits. Mina eventually settled on this gorgeous black dress. It had long sleeves and the front of the skirt came to the top of her knees while the back went maybe two feet lower. She looked absolutely beautiful in it.

I decided to go a more casual route. I got a new pair of black jeans, a plain white t-shirt and then I found a thin, hooded, black jean jacket.

"I still have to go to Hot Topic yet." I said, grabbing the stuff I'd just purchased from American Eagle and heading out towards it.

Mina was confused, but that confusion let up as soon as she saw me walk over to the pins. I found two identical metal backed Crimson Riot pins. One for me and one that I was going to give to Kirishima on Sunday.

"Do you want one too? I'm sure we can find another identical one." I turned to Mina.

"No, this is your thing. Don't let me, or Kaminari or Sero, take that away from you." She said. I nodded and went to checkout, only getting the two identical pins.

After we had everything we needed, we walked back to the dorms in silence. We weren't sure what else to say to each other.

When we got back to the dorms we sorted through the stuff in the bags and then headed to our own rooms. I laid the outfit on my desk and laid the two pins on top of it.

I'm really not looking forward to Sunday.

~Word Count~
~1332~