The Gagne Brothers (Prologue Chapter)

*An unknown male's POV*

When we were activated, we knew the situation was bad. Worse than anyone knew.

~House~

*A father is comforting his crying infant, while the mother is thinking to herself about the ongoing situation*

We are an elite, highly skilled group of embedded agents.

*The mother's watch suddenly beeps and glows orange*

They only call us, when everything else has failed.

Father: Are you being called?

Mother: Yeah, I better get to work.

We have no rules, we have no limits. Our job is to protect what remains.

~Fire Department~

*An unknown female's POV*

*A fire officer is about to hop into one of the trucks when his watch beeps and glows orange*

Fire Officer: I guess I'm needed elsewhere.

We are your coworkers. We are your neighbors.

~Apartment Hallway~

*A man with his watch glowing orange is about to leave, when he noticed one of his neighbors, a young boy, watching him*

We might even be...

Man: ... I'll be back soon. Don't worry.

~Bar~

...your friends.

*A bar patron gets up and leaves, patting a fellow patron on the way*

Patron: See ya.

Patron 2: ... See ya.

*An second unknown male's POV*

Male 2: But when we get the call...

*An second unknown female's POV*

Female 2: ...we leave everything behind.

*An third unknown male's POV*

Male 3: We are...

*All five POVs (in unison)*

The Division.

----------

~Brooklyn, New York~

In the snowy, dystopian streets of the once bustling New York, two young men are examining a dead officer's body in Brooklyn, but the cold weather is proving to be overwhelming for them, especially the younger one.

Man: God, this weather... Jeremy, how long are we gonna be out here?

Jeremy: Just finishing up, Jim. *Examines himself in the reflection of a nearby car*

Jim: I'm not trying to rush you or anything. I just want to get out of this weather.

Jeremy: ... Me too, man.

*The two boys begin to walk around the area when their watches started speaking*

Computerized Voices: Intelligent System Analytic Computer has been activated. All ISAC systems are confirmed online.

Jeremy: About dang time. *Pulls up a holographic map of New York* Hey, Jim, test your weapons for now. I'm gonna look over the map for the nearest safe house.

Jim: Okay, bro. *Spots a bunch of stacked boxes* This will do. *Pulls out an MP5 and sets it to "Semi"* Firing three. *Shoots at the boxes thrice* We could use some silencers or something. *Pulls out a Beretta M9 and shoots thrice again* I don't plan on attracting unwanted attention from any hostiles.