1

Meredith POV:
Today has been such a stressful day. I just want to go home and escape this world for a little while.

Bailey has been up my ass today with work, well more than usual. I have a surgery to assist in half an hour, but I dont think I'm mentally ready, as in i feel like i might slip. I have so much build up stress that I could slip at any moment. Plus the fact that Derek and I aren't on good terms makes it a bit worse, but hopefully it'll get better after our surgery together.

I have my break now so I go an on-call room instead of going to the basement like I usually do to hang out with my friends. In there, I go straight to an app that's made for people like me, I enjoy spending my time there. As I scroll, I come across this post from the user "Mommy Adrianne" that's looking for a little. Her bio says that she has red hair, green eyes, and that she's a surgen too. From her page she seems nice so I decide to message her.

Meredith: hello!! i'm meredith. i saw your post, i hope you don't mind me messaging you.

Mommy Adrianne: Hello little one. I don't mind at all! How are you doing?

Meredith: i'm doing okay :/

Mommy Adrianne: Why the sad face little one?

Meredith: I'm at work and I have a surgery later on which I'm a bit stressed about because I want to slip.

Her calling me "little one" just made me wanna slip even more, ugh

Mommy Adrianne: Well, how about this. We can keep talking until my break is over to help you distract yourself a bit, yeah?

Meredith: that sounds good, can we call? i'm tired of typing

Mommy Adrianne: Of course, honey. Just give me one second.

After a few seconds "Mommy Adrianne" calls me and I answer immediately. Her voice is soft and warm. She sounds so gentle. We talked about the things that I like doing in and out of my headspace. My friends and my favorite foods. But we also talked about her. She's so sweet. I like her personality, she seems like a kind soul. Plus she likes hot cocoa!!

She sadly had to go. She lingered and kept lingering in my head. She sounds like a person I would like to meet, but for now I guess talking over the phone will do. And I get to message her again!! I definitely will, but now i have to go prep for my surgery.

I finished assuring Derek in his surgery, and it was exhausting. He kept giving me these side glances with an emotion I couldn't decipher. I just knew there was a hint of anger in his eyes. I gave up on him for today and it's late so I don't have time to deal with him right now. I'm done with my shift, so I change and go straight home, I don't even wait for the others. This day had already been too long.

I get home and throw my stuff and myself on the couch. I pull my phone out to check it, noticing messages from Mommy Adrianne from 2 hours ago, i was in surgery at that time.

Mommy Adrianne: Hello, honey!

Once I see it I get so excited.

Meredith: hello! i'm sorry for taking long to answer, i was in surgery.

Mommy Adrianne: I know, honey. Remember, you told me.

Meredith: I must've forgot

Her and I kept talking until it was 11 for me at 8 for her because she lives in L.A which is so cool. After hanging up I went to shower and then get dressed in my cute pink flower pjs. I love them so much! I then went and lied down in my bed with my fuzzy blanket and my monkey stuffy and lay down, my eyes feeling heavy. As I fall asleep, I unconsciously slip my thumb into my mouth and slowly fall asleep with her smoothing voice in my head.

Hello! Hopefully you guys like this. I'll try to get a second part out soon :))