13

Meredith's POV

As I'm changing in the locker room I hear Bailey shouting my name as she enters. I quickly finish putting my scrub top and walk towards her. She already looks annoyed.

"You're in Doctor Shepherd's service today" She informed me, her face holding no expression to it.

"But I'm already on Doctor Montgomery's service?" I said confused.

"Well, the man requested you. He wouldn't take a no."

"But-" I was ready to argue, but Bailey shut me up real quick.

"Grey, I don't care. You get who you get." Bailey said leaving the room.

I walk back to my locker and get my coat and stethoscope before I go and find Derek. He has been minding his business and he has a girlfriend again. Her name is Rose and she's his scrub nurse which I think is a little weird. Hopefully he is respectful and stays professional. I find him at the nurses station finishing a few charts.

"Hello, Doctor Shepherd. You wanted me on your service." I spoke, making him look up at me.

"Hello Meredith-"

"Dr. Grey." I interrupted, correcting him.

He rolled his eyes. "Hello, Doctor Grey. We have a patient with a spinal tumor. Surgery is in about an hour, please go get the patient ready." He handed me the chart with all the patient's information.

I turn around and walk towards the patient's room. I explain the surgery and go tell the nurses to start prepping him for the surgery. I drop the charts with the nurses and as I'm walking away I feel my phone vibrate. I pull it out of my coat pocket to check who is was. Turning it on I see is Addison making me unlock my phone immediately.

"Hello, princess. I thought you were on my service what happened?" Her calling me princess made my insides do a backflip, but u had to control myself.

"Derek wanted me on his service. Was going to fight Bailey, but you know there is no use."

"Aww, my poor baby."

"Where are you?" I asked her, I really needed to see her before this surgery. "Got surgery in 45."

"I'm going to the nurses station on the lobby to drop charts off."

"Okay, I'll meet you there." I sent the text with a smile.

In about 3 minutes Addison arrived and she immediately saw me. She quickly dropped off the charts and quickly walked over me.

"Hi, my sweet girl." She whispered into my ear.

"Hi." I whispered back, smiling.

We walked side by side towards the end of a dark hall, where a on-call room was located. Standing in front of the door, i hugged Addison tightly and she hugged me back. I breathed in her brown sugar smell which immediately calmed me down. I look up at her and she places a loose hair strand behind my ear while smiling.

"You okay, princess?" Addison tilted her head.

"Ugh, stop calling me that. You'll make me slip." I whisper the last part.

"I'm sorry, Mer." She giggled

"Anyways." I slightly smiled. " I'm a bit nervous because Derek basically demanded that I was put on his service."

"Mer, my love, everything is going to be fine." She gave me on of her reassuring smiles.

"Okay. Well, I gotta go now. I'll wait for you outside after shift."

"Okay, love. Good luck." She bend down and pecked my lips.

We exchanged a last goodbye and i made my way to OR 3. Just as I started to scrub in Derek walked in. No words were exchanged which I was extremely glad for. We do shied scrubbing, went in, and started with the surgery. The tumor was big which made the surgery a bit easier. Through the surgery Derek kept glancing at me which was awkward, but I guess it's fine because I haven't been on his service for a while. We finished and walked out to scrub out. As I was about to walk out I hear him call out my name.

"Yes?" I respond, turning around to face him.

"I broke up with Rose. Do you want to go on a date with me?"

'What is this man on' I ask myself internally. "Umm... not. I'm interested in someone else." I say backing up on the corner as he starts to walk towards me.

"Come on, Mer. I know you still love me, how could you not? Just one date. Come on, it won't hurt." He continued, cornering me. Honestly he was scaring me.

"No, Dr. Shepherd. Like I said, I'm interested in someone. I would prefer us to keep it professional." I felt my chest starting to feel heavy and my breath picking up a bit.

Before I knew it Derek launched himself towards me and kissed me. I started to try and push him off, my every time I did he just strengthen his hold on me. After a few seconds he pulled away and chuckled.

"Think about it." After he left.

As soon as he left I slid down the wall, pulling my knees to my chest. Tears started flowing down my eyes and my breath became faster. I felt disgusting. With extremely shaky hands I pull out my pager and page Addison 911. About a minute later she bursts through the door, an extreme worry look on her face. As soon as she sees me she sits next to me and pulls me to her.

"Princess, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She started caressing my head, concern spilling through her words.

"D-derek, h-he-" My breathing became so labored I could barely breathe.

For a few minutes Addison helped me calm down a bit and made me mimic her breathing so I could breathe properly.

"Now tell me what happen baby." Addison looked into my eyes, furrowing her brown still concerned.

"Derek, he umm... he hurt me." I responded looking down.

"He what?!"

Thank you guys for the support on this story. Sorry for not being active, school has been kicking my butt.

Hope you enjoyed it. Leave your opinions and anything you'd like to see in future chapters 🫶🏻