Chapter Two: Witch's Rant

(From Dan's POV)

My powers aren't my own. Neither are they someone else's, well, there's an exception to that statement.

To make magic your own is an increasingly controversial subject. As it gets rid of the "Natural Ways". Tradition my ass.

You see, on the topic of my powers not being my own, they technically are someone's powers.

In these games I have become familiar with the concepts of reincarnation and resurrection. Each time a game ends, after a few years, life resets, and consciousness is passed onto another individual, and so is the role.

It's an odd cycle, right?

There must've been an original witch.

If there was, they certainly must've been powerful.

What happened to them? When did they live? What did they do?

I don't know.

All I know is that they shouldn't have fell in this situation.

It's been a month since the evil team won. Things are slowly starting to turn to shambles.

Grace is getting more aggressive, Moire is... still psychopathic, and Charlotte is still her loyal pet, ugh.

Reza didn't stay to "rule with fear" as Moire puts it, he's emotionally broken. Trey, Miguel, Jojo (to an extent), all were his friends, and Moire mercilessly killed them all.

It wasn't a sheer need to survive, no, I can tell Moire didn't care if she won or lost, she just wanted the enjoyment of seeing people cry.

Sometimes I want to kill her.

But, she's stronger than me, my magic is almost ineffective against her defensive strategies, she knows my power, and I don't know hers.

Onto current events.

I'm in my room, writing things into my spellbook, because it'll do me good to write some useful spells down, just in case someone eventually punches an ally and the whole team becomes chaos incarnate.

Grace is outside my room, probably in the hall or in their room, ranting to themselves, I can hear them through the walls.

I have no idea where Moire and Charlotte are.

Sometimes, I just sit and question why I'm here, at this moment in time, and why I survived  in the first place. My room isn't very entertaining to look at to ponder this though, usually there's something interesting I stare at to entertain myself as I ponder these things, but today, that isn't the case.

It's my room, nothing else.

Sometimes, I have nightmares of the day Trey died, I don't know why, I was incredibly emotionally detached to them, and it was the same for Trey with me. We weren't in any sort of friendship or whatever, just acquaintances. Sometimes I have a dream where I talk to them. However, their mannerisms are different, it's still the same Trey, don't get me wrong, but something feels off about them at times, like it's the reincarnation system in place or something.

Do we just keep on living through the same cycle of time? Reincarnating into the same thirteen or so roles, and just living with it? Each of us swapping souls and powers until the gods get sick our arguing?

It's too confusing.