★ Park Gunwook - moment of courage

Type: Park Gunwook x reader || neighbor au || slight enemies to lovers au
Warnings: none
Words: 1.6k
Summary: after you and your seemingly arrogant neighbor Gunwook share a moment together your whole perception of him and your relationship changes.

Note: "____" is supposed to represent your name.
Status: edited

★ ★ ★ ★

"One year of hating you to find out how much I love you"

★ ★ ★ ★

Gunwook's back muscles flexed under his loose fitting white t-shirt, the fabric clinging onto him with sweat. 

It was one of those early summer days when the heat alone was enough to announce the season's arrival. In addition with the smell of freshly cut grass which was being provided from the hardworking young man next door.

A subtle cool breeze swept in from the open window you were peering out of, giving the perfect view of the neighbor's yard. You felt a little shameful for being so blatant in your staring.

After all the two of you weren't exactly familiar enough with one another that this kind of behavior could be so easily dismissed.

Yet you still were attracted to the boy, compelled to watch his every move.

Time seemed to remain motionless seeing as you couldn't remember for just how long you had been standing there.

"What do you think is going to happen with you just staring at him like a weirdo?" Byun, your younger brother, suddenly said out loud. You hadn't even heard him walk into your room you had been so lost in thought.

"At least I'm not the one sneaking into people's rooms." You hummed out in response, turning to face his figure leant up against the doorframe.

"I wasn't, you were just too busy making heart eyes at Gunwook-hyung to notice me knocking."

He got you there. But knowing Byun you couldn't admit that to him, otherwise you'd never hear the end of it.

You scoffed before settling yourself on your bed. "I was not. I was just looking outside and he happened to be there."

He doesn't respond immediately, leaving you to digest the false words that had just slipped out of your mouth. Byun wasn't one to call someone out on their lies. Instead he opted for a more subtle, more effective approach; making the person live with them.