prologue

LAS VEGAS, 1993

LAS VEGAS, 1993

She woke with a groan, subconsciously running a hand over her face. The brunette peeled the muscular arm off of her and sat up in the large bed, pulling the thin white sheets over her naked body.

She picked up her dress from where it had been  thrown on the floor and quickly got dressed. She grabbed her left heel from behind the sofa, tucking her hair behind her ear as her hazel brown eyes searched around for the other shoe.

Eleanor glanced back at the sleeping man in the hotel bed, praying that he wouldn't wake. The young woman sucked in a sharp breath when she realised where her right heel was hidden. She grabbed the black pump from the mini fridge before slipping back into the bedroom where she scribbled a quick note on the mirror in her deep red lipstick that read:

Last night was fun
– E

She then proceeded to slip out of the suite and practically ran towards the elevator where she pressed the open button over and over until it finally did. Eleanor then used the elevator's mirror walls to fix her appearance. After a few moments a loud ding sounded throughout the box and the doors opened.

"Looks like someone had fun last night," Katherine smirked as she joined her younger sister in the lobby.

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes playfully, shrugging on the leather jacket that had been handed to her.

"So, where to next?" The eldest Petrova woman handed her a pair of cat eye sunglasses.

Eleanor shrugged and slipped the glasses over her hazel eyes, "We'll see where the wind takes us."