one

The cool wind blew her dark hair around her pretty face as she sped down the empty highway

She reached to turn down the music blaring from her car's stereo as she clicked the accept button on her ringing phone.

"Hey, Kat. What's up?"

"What's up? Really?" Came her older sister's response. "You've been dodging my calls for days, Ella."

"I wasn't ignoring you, I lost my phone. Found it under the bed."

"Whatever that's not important right now. What's important is that you get to Mystic Falls. How far away are you?"

A smirk formed on Eleanor's plump pink lips as her hazel eyes landed on the Welcome to Mystic Falls sign.

"Then I guess it's a good thing I'm already here."

The younger Petrova pulled the phone away from her ear and hung up, not bothering to wait for her sister's response.

-

Eleanor walked through the long hallways of the Lockwood's mansion, using her supernatural hearing to listen in for any sign of her older sister.

"Damn, girl," a guy, who must have still been in high school, whistled, his eyes racking up and down her body which was clad in a red satin dress with a deep v neck.

She simply rolled her eyes in response and made her way towards the staircase.

"Jeremy, go check on Elena," a stern male voice ordered from what sounded like a room not that far from her. "Make sure she's okay. Go!"

"Watch it!" Eleanor snapped at a boy, who she assumed to be Jeremy, as he accidentally ran into her on his way down the stairs.

"Let's all make sure poor Elena is okay," she instantly recognised Katherine's voice and began to head towards it. "Just a little bit more pressure."

Eleanor rounded a corner and spotted her sister, stake in hand, with two other men. The younger of the two hit the stake from Katherine's hands and threw it onto the floor as Eleanor came into view.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Ella! Finally," Katherine motioned for her sister to enter the room. "You remember Lucy, right? She linked me to my doppelgänger."

"Oh. Oh!" In the blink of an eye the younger Petrova held the stake in her manicured hands. "In which case this is really gonna hurt."