Seventy-seven

(Just a quick author's note before the start of this chapter:
I noticed that I screwed up the time line, so let's all pretend it has been like 10 months since they started shooting the movie, to now. It's a short rom-com, so I'd hope that's enough time for everything in the middle lmao.
It is messy, but just bare with me here)

REA'S POV:

I was now in my apartment.

3:58pm.

Drew would be here in two minutes.

Was I nervous? Hell yes. Things had been weird between us for weeks, and he stayed days without talking to me. Why, just because he was jealous? I mean, you would think a 29 year old had more maturity than that.

I loved Drew. I really did. He was the first guy I ever loved. But either something changed, or... let's say our future would be unclear.

I got brought back to reality when I heard someone knock on my door.

Shit.

He was here.

I took a deep breath, got up, and opened the door.

"Hi." He said shyly when I opened the door.

"Hi." I said back. "Uh, come in."

He nervously walked in before I closed the door.

"So, uh... congrats on the movie. I heard the critics loved it." He said as he awkwardly sat down on the chair facing my couch.

"Thanks." I said as I sat down the couch. "I'd hope so. It was hard being away from home for so long."

"Yeah..." He said as he looked down at his lap.

"Should we just address the elephant in the room?" I asked him. I was tired of beating around the bush.

"Uh, yeah, yeah." He sighed before looking up at me. "Look, Rea... I'm sorry for how I've been acting. I really am, but you have to understand."

"What do I have to understand exactly?" I asked him. "The fact that you're jealous of a longtime friend, who by the way, is married and has 2 children?"

"You know as well as I do, that that marriage is dysfunctional." He told me.

"It's not my place to do anything about that, Drew. They were already married when I met him." I paused. "Are you gonna keep that up?"

"Keep what up?" He asked me. "Rea, I love you, but you've been spending all your time with him."

"I've been working Drew, what the hell do you mean?" I asked angrily. "We shot a movie, and are now on a press wave, what do want me to do about that?"

"Oh, come on, Rea! We both know it's not just that! Every little spare time you're with him. Even when you're with your Marvel friends, he's there!" Drew accused.

"Look." I said taking a deep breath to keep my calm. "If wanna accuse me of something, just do it. But be careful... because once you say it, you can't take it back."

Drew looked at me for a few seconds as his eyes started to become teary.

"I think you're in love with him, Rea."

Never, in my entire life, I thought I'd be hearing those words.

I scoffed as I tried my best not to cry.

"I guess you made your decision, then." I stated. "You can't be with someone who you think is in love with someone else."

"Yeah... I guess you're right." He said as a tear ran down his face.

"This is it then?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"I guess it is." He nodded, as he was in a similar state to mine.

"I guess you can go now." I sniffled as a few tears ran down my face. "As you can imagine, I don't really want to see you, right now."

"Yeah, I-I understand." He said with a nod as he wiped away his tears.

I walked towards my door and opened it.

"For what it's worth... I always loved you. Just you." I said as he stood next to me, in front of my now open door.

"I will always love you." He said before leaving.

As soon as he left, I closed my door, and immediately started sobbing on the floor.
I grabbed my phone and facetimed the first person I that I thought of.

"Hey, what's up?" He said happily before seeing my face. "Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?"

"Drew and I just broke up." I cried.

"Oh, shit." He said as he got up from his couch. "I'm on my way. And I'm bringing backup."

"Thanks, Tom." I sniffled. "See you soon."

"I love you." He told me.

"I love you too." I said before hanging up.

What a day.

——————————-

Hey guys!! How are you??

Next chapter will be online like the others!!

What are we thinking for the future of Rea and Drew??

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!!

And also, don't forget to check out my other story, Mary Routledge.

I love you guys! <33