problems

I open my eyes and look around to see my bed empty I sigh and roll out of bed and walk to my closet and pull out a teal bathing suit and black jean shorts, and pull on my black worn out converse.

I brush my hair and twirl it around my finger looking at the length it reaches about to my elbows, I was thinking about cutting it I throw my wavy hair up into a messy ponytail.

I made my way downstairs.

Walking outside, I ruffled Wheezies hair before looking at the damage around me that the storm did.

Walking down to where Sarah was, she smiled at me.

"Hey." I greeted. Sarah replied with a distracted wave then glances at me, handing me a tennis racket. We stand up, hitting birds that came too close to the mice that were crawling around.

Poor mice running around scared for their lives, living one minute then could be gone the next.

I take a deep breathe and tighten my ponytail, grip the tennis racket tightly and start running around smacking the stupid birds away from the poor mice.

I smile when the birds fly away and me and Sarah look at each other proud.

But then the birds turn around and fly straight towards us.

I glare at the bird with the tennis racket in my right hand I jump up and smack.

"Sarah. Sierra." I hear being called from not so far.

"We're busy." Sarah replied, as we both jump at the same time to shoo the birds away.

"What are you doing?" Dad asks.

"The burrows filled with water from the surge. The birds are having a field day." Sarah explained as we ran towards the birds.

"Birds have to eat too girls." Dad says like it's obvious causing me to pause to give him a look and a bird started to fly into my hair.

I start swinging again as I talk.

"No, it's mouse genocide out here dad." I disagree.

"No!" Sarah grunts swinging her racket hard at one bird causing a few feathers to fly everywhere.

"The cycle of life is what it is sweethearts. Now, come on." Dad said trying to stop us from saving lives of baby mice and mice families.

"We can't be apart of it. First they came for the mice, Daddy." I explain. We finally turn to see dad with another women. I recognized her as Lana Grubbs; Scooter Grubb's wife.

"I have a human being you might help." Dad suggests.

"Hi." Lana greeted.

"I'm Sarah, nice to meet you." Sarah introduced.

"I'm Sierra." I say shaking the women's hand.

"I'm so sorry." Sarah stated, looking over from Lana to dad.

"This is Lana, Scooter's wife. You were storm prepping with him, right?" Dad asks looking at Sarah since I just got back in town.

"Yeah. He helped us latch the cabin on the druthers." Sarah explained.

"Last night?" Dad questioned.

"Yeah."

"And did he go out after that?" Dad asked.

"From here? No that's crazy. There was a category three hurricane." Sarah answered.

"Well, did he say where he was going?" Lana piped up. "Hey a phone call or mention anything?"

"He didn't say anything to me." Sarah explained to her. "I'm so sorry."

"Is he okay?" I wondered chipping in confused.

"He's absolutely okay." Dad says making me nod still confused but reassured.

"I hope so." Lana muttered.

"He hunkered down somewhere, we'll find him."
Dad says leading Lana back up to the house, we say sorry again as he did.

~

I walk into the kitchen to get a snack cause I had a few munchies and Sarah literally pops out of know where.

"Get changed, we're going to a party." Sarah ordered.

"Um, okay." I nod.

I run up the stairs to my room. I leave my teal bathing suit on and change into white shorts and take my hair out of its messy ponytail and pull it up into a messy bun. I put on my white converse to match.

I run back downstairs to meet her Sarah.

"You ready?" I ask as we head outside.

"Yeah, um, Topper is taking us." Sarah told her twin not meeting her eye. Topper then pulls up.

"Get in." He told the girls. I shoot a look at Sarah before sighing.

~

727 words counted <3