The Search Continues in the Ice Realm

The conflict with the Darkans remained a routine for the heralds, as one would pop up, fight, lose, and repeat. Never once had the group confronted anything major besides the final battle against their foes, for which one gormian or the other would complain about, growing more and more exasperated by each confrontation with the Darkans.

"Zott! They're seriously getting on my nerves! What's with those jerks?" Riff steamed.

"With a brain that minuscule, I'm sure you do not have many nerves to spare." The Icy crossed his arms, raising a brow. "Spare me the whining, or is it all that you Fireys do?"

"Hey!"

"That's just about enough of you two." The Tower's guardian spoke up. "You may posses opposing elements, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on each other every time one makes a statement."

"Ha! Ao-ki's talking about Ikor!" Eron bubbled.

"I was talking about the two of them," Ao-ki said sternly.

This'd been going on for what seemed like days, but those days soon turned to weeks. Maybe even months, but ice and fire being at each other's throats was a time-pass for the dynamic heralds. After completing the mission for collecting the Shards using their specialized compass, and the endless fights for the beacons, they had to work on a different task. For each element was a powerful relic-each possessing it's own abilities- and was found in each respective realm. The five had just been done acquiring their first two relics, which were the Relic of Storm, and the Relic of Quake. Fallen into the wrong hands, and just about any realm could be destroyed.

The pressure was on.

They'd already reached the One Tower, ready to discuss their next plan, for which obviously the most disciplined individual was in charge of, along with the gaurdian of the tower. 

"...And that is why we go around it, not through it, Riff. Not everything is meant to be obliterated by your hot-headedness. Are you mad? Do you want to be eaten by my realm's beasts?"

Riff was stunned by Ikor's argument, expecting a much more sophisticated construct of words.

"W-well of course not!"

"Good. Then we follow my plan. We go in, around, and then through, got it?"

"But what if there're beasts even inside the artifact's temple?" Trek tilted his head. "Like protectors or something?"

"Ikor knows that place better than we do, so it's best to put our trust in him. And besides, going around the cave-infested mountains will only reduce our chances of encountering them, right Ikor?" Ao-ki smiled, placing her hand on the Ice Prince's shoulder.

"That is correct. However-"

"Oh, oh! Lemme guess. There could be Morkogons! No "beasts" near the caves right? So furry creatures with fuzzy wuzzy bodies and razor sharp teeth, and three eyes!" The windy piped up. 

"Hey, Morkogons are scary, in there own way, but those are only in the Fire Realm." The fire-haired boy huffed. "I bet Ikor's beasts are just as sophisticated as him!"

"For an astute individual, I do not know whether to interpret "sophisticated" as a compliment or an insult," Ikor glared.

"Guys! We're losing time. The Darkans will stop at nothing to get what they want. Every second the relics are at risk of being stolen by the hands of evil."

Everyone else nodded, which signaled them to exit the Tower to make way for their Hyperbeasts to travel to the Ice Realm.

******************************