All Hailstorm

Many many weeks pass by, the day of my coronation threatening to come closer. My last day of being prince and the day before me becoming King ends with a strong hailstorm. The dainty snowflakes were replaced with aggressive chunks of snow and ice, brutally cratering small areas of delicate snow. All the critters of the snow hid and sought shelter, as I remained inside the Palace, my servants getting me ready for my coronation with heavy, crystalline jewels such as clarities, pearls, aquamarines, moonstones, and blue diamonds. None of this massive yet elegant decor seemed to calm me down from the big day ahead of me, as I was made to wear more heavy clothing of long, kimono sleeves made of cold, seemingly sweet colored cyan silk, with gold threads and snowflake-shaped precious stones. The clothing worn by the soon-to-be King was very long, with two slits on the side of the long dress. To top off the extravagant attire and accessories was the diadem: a refined, dignified, and simple piece of jewelry worn around the forehead, to match the crown that will be worn by the soon-to-be King during his coronation.

My companions were not allowed to see me until after I was prepared, which I was several hours later. The first one to react was obviously the perky windy of our group while the firey one stood there and gaped at me for more than a moment. Ao-ki smiled at me sweetly as she crossed her arms.

"How does it feel, your Majesty?"

I raised a brow as I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall and moving the jewels of the diadem away from my eyes.

"Peachy," I muttered under my breath. "Not even the Gormiti themselves weigh as much as the clothing and accessories I am wearing."

Ao-ki chuckled quietly as the Windy's eyes twinkled in awe. 

"Woah..." Quite surprisingly, those were the only words he whispered with his high-pitched voice as he fiddled with the jewels on my clothing. Trek gave me a warm smile, and immediately sensed my agitation of the whole ordeal.

"It's okay, Ikor," he placed his gentle hand on my shoulder, "we understand. It can be a bit nerve-wrecking, huh?"

I looked at him a bit wide-eyed, before my gaze shifted to the Firey- Riff- I mean. My ears drooped a bit as I saw him giving me a tender smile, before becoming more fidgety. I could immediately tell something was unnerving him. He gave me a nervous chuckle before giving me firm pats on my back, avoiding any sort of eye-contact. I raised a brow as I tilted my head.

"What is it?" I inquired in a very curious tone.

Riff started to give me an uneasy, quiet laughter as he took a deep breath and spoke. "Y-you look nice. I-I- uh...ehm...will we uh...see you again soon?"

My heart felt a bit heavy and strained as he said that, as if a wave just hit my chest, drowning and pulling my heart downward. My heart ached as I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I shook my head as I looked down, giving him a slight shrug, a bit ashamed that I could not provide a better reply. I finally took a deep breath as I sighed and tried my best to communicate.

"I-" I crossed my arms as I gave my arms a gentle squeeze, trying to come up with a good response. "I-I cannot say soon... But...I...um..."

There was that feeling again, and a harrowing one at that. My eyes started to feel a bit warmer as another wave of this...feeling of...uncertainty stabbed my chest while a cool, icy sensation dripped down my eyes and slid down from my cheek, falling onto the ground and forming a small snowflake-shaped ice pattern. I wiped my eyes, but another warm to cool feeling trickled down my cheeks. My vision became more distorted as I covered my eyes with my hand, unaware of this new feeling. I felt a warm tender hand softly pulling down my hand from my face. Their face was also practically drenched in tears as they sobbed very quietly.

That's Just ColdOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara