12

Three knocks from the door cause Tine to pause from what he is doing. He is now almost done packing the things he needed for the trip to Aros.

"Come in," Tine says as he turns to see who knocks on the door.

When the door opens, a young woman, almost the same age as Tine, enters the room. Carrying a large brown cloth, "Hey Tine, here's the coat you have requested."

When Tine turns around, his dark-pupil eyes meet with brown hazel ones, Black with light brown hair that compliments her pale skin, and rosy red lips that form a sweet smile. "Thanks, Pear, you're the best," Tine says as he gets the coat from Pear's hands.

"I know I am." that makes both of them laugh lightly.

Pear was one of Tine's childhood friends. She was the daughter of a head servant in the castle who is valued by the king and queen. Tine first met Pear's mother when she was introduced to him by his parents. She was everything his parents describes of her. She was kind, and sweet, and has an ambience that makes everyone around her feel comfortable. Next was Pear, but Tine found her opposite to her mom. 

During their first encounter, Pear was timid toward him, making it harder for Tine to have a conversation with her. When he got a chance to talk to her, the atmosphere slowly becomes awkward because Pear seems like she didn't want to talk to her. But as time went by, they slowly become acquainted with each other, talking about anything that caught both of their attention, until they become close friends.

Tine then continues packing his stuff. Pear offers her a hand for him to pack, which he gladly accepts. As they are packing a few stuff, Tine notices Pear's gloomy aura but decides not to open it to her. During their time together, they're able to know when one of them is having some problem, something hiding, and even if something is bothering them. That's why they are inseparable.

Tine closes the last bag, which indicates that they finish packing. Both of them swipe a few of the sweat that is forming on their foreheads. Tine decides to get some refreshments for the both of them when a hand grabs his, preventing him from going further.

"Pear?" Tine asked as he was confused at her action. He looks at her, seeing that Pear is not looking at him. She looks like she's thinking of what she is going to say.

"Why did you agree on this Tine?" she asked.

"Because it is the o-" Tine wasn't able to complete his words when Pear immediately speaks.

"NO!! I don't want to hear that same lame excuse again!! I want to hear the real reason, from YOU!!!" Pear yells as she looks at Tine, showing him her frustration, sadness, and fear in her eyes.

Tine went silent, trying to choose the right words to say that might Pear understand. Whether to tell her the truth or not. Pear was also silent, looking at him for answers. She didn't believe that Tine would agree with this insane deal between these two kingdoms. All of the lands in the four regions know that the kingdom of Aros is barbaric and dangerous, and has slaughtered many Nerolians with their swords. But despite this, Tine still agrees to this agreement, and that frustrates her.

Seconds went by, turning into minutes until Tine finally looks at her, "I'm going to look for him."

"You what!? Are you crazy?! We didn't even know if he was still alive."

"HE IS!! I know it." Tine desperately said.

Everyone in Nerola knows what happened to Tine in the Northern Region, But only a small hand of people knew about Namcha, which includes Type, his uncle, and some close people to Tine. He didn't want his parents to know about him yet. He needs to find him first.