Chapter Eight

Nick and Reese were on a double date with Skylar, from Plywood Love and Amanda, from Kiwi Kannibal. Their romantic dinner was set at Mustang Station on the Cal Poly campus, each sitting besides their gay lover, sharing a margarita pizza.

"So how did the two of you meet?" Skylar asked, leaning in closer to hear the beginning of their love story.

'Well Nick was in dire need of a healthy breakfast after a long night of studying. As he approached Shake Smart, he was astounded by the long line of students eagerly waiting to order."

"With those types of lines you'd assume that Shake Smart had world famous acai bowls," laughed Amanda.

"Nick was tapping his foot in line, looking so angry and cute," Reese giggled. "I couldn't help but notice him!"

"Reese, you are telling it wrong!" Nick replied lovingly. "You were scrolling through your phone ahead of me in line. I noticed you first!"

"We had already matched on Grindr, so I recognized Reese immediately. I waited until he got his food to strike up a conversation and make small talk"

"AND I was nice enough to share my refreshing treat!" Nick huffed, only to give Reese a kiss on the check and motion him to continue. The girls were so intrigued, placing their heads on their hands. "The two of you are so cute," Skylar said. Amanda nodded in agreement "Made for each other. I am so proud of the two of you, coming out to the KCPR team was so incredible." The two girls snuggled closer together, awaiting the rest of the story.

"We bonded over our mutual love of acai as well as chicken and rice. And I finally got the courage to ask Reese on a date."

"The rest is history," Reese replied, "but you won't believe what is going on at The Hive..."

The four of them continued to gossip about Nathan, Matt, Grady and Ari as well as their matching perms.