𝐌𝐫.𝐅𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

" Cap, I feel like my lungs are about to fall out of my ass

" Cap, I feel like my lungs are about to fall out of my ass. Can we please take a ten?" Ismael heaved as he hunched over, hands resting on his knees.

I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes.

These neanderthals wouldn't have lasted a day under Carson and Kyler's idea of warming up. This was light work compared to what I went through.

" Alright, take a ten," I smiled. " And the. after that ten, thanks to Ismael, give me ten more suicides. "

The boys groaned, some giving Ismael shit for complaining to begin with. " Look guys, I know that I am being hard on you. But in order to be the best, we have to work just as hard as every other team. Especially since we are the defending champs. If I'm hungry for it all, then I expect all of you to be hungry, maybe even hungrier."

" Go get hydrated," Xander spoke up as I grabbed a towel, wiping the sweat away from my temples.

We had big shoes to fill in. Carson and Kyler were great team captains. There was a lot of pressure on my shoulders being the leader of this team. A lot of expectations came with that role. Last season was one of our best seasons and would be tough to follow up. I just had to have a positive outlook and tons of hope in this new team.

We had a lot of great players this year. However, we were still adjusting. That adjustment was taking much longer than I would like, but as I said, positive thoughts.

" How was dinner with Hera?"

Oh you know, I ran into Audrey and met her family, nearly shit myself in the process and couldn't stop myself from glancing in her direction every five minutes. My God did she look gorgeous. The dress that she wore complimented her curvy figure, showing off what my eyes rarely got to see because she was known for wearing her baggy clothing.

She looked breathtaking both ways.

She was one of those unexplainable beauties. You couldn't quite pinpoint what it was about her that made her stand out apart from everyone else but she did. Was it the way she held herself? Her personality? That kind smile that she gave to people, even the people who truly didn't deserve it? Was it the sudden sarcasm and sass? Was it the auburn hair, the piercing green eyes that oddly reminded me of a cat?

I didn't know. What I did know was that I was enraptured by everything that Audrey Serenity Lake Sinclair had to offer.

" It was great," I sighed dreamily, giving myself away immediately.

Xander squinted his eyes at me, already knowing. " I know that sigh," he laughs as he caps his water bottle. " That's the ' I just saw the girl that I am endlessly and madly looking in love with and she doesn't even know it because I am too scared to tell her how I feel' sigh."

" I- I am not afraid to tell her how I f-feel," I sputtered, earning a blank stare from my best friend.

Becoming friends with Xander was possibly the easiest relationship that I had formed. We just understood each other. Like moths attracted to flame is how I would describe it.