09; 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚-𝙬𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧 & 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙡𝙪𝙩

STELLA'S POINT OF VIEW

My eyes flutter open, but instead of feeling refreshed, I feel a sense of uneasiness settle in the pit of my stomach. Chris isn't beside me in bed, and that is a strange feeling since he has been staying with me for the past few nights. I sit up and yawn, my gaze landing on Ember, who is packing her things.
"Hey, Emma," I say, rubbing my eyes. "What's going on?"
Ember doesn't look at me as she replies, "I requested to move rooms."
I know that Ember is still hurt and angry with me because of the Chris situation. I feel guilty and don't know how to make things right.
lI'm sorry, Ember," I say softly.
Ember turns around, and the hurt in her eyes was impossible to miss. "You should be sorry, Stella. You took Chris from me."
I feel my heart sink, knowing that Ember has feelings for Chris, it's a weird feeling. like jealousy mixed with guilt. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this mess. I never meant to hurt my friend, but now I have to deal with the consequences.
Before Ember could say anything else, there's a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Ember says, walking towards the door.
I watch as Chris enters the room. He walks over to me quickly, and kisses me passionately. I blush and smile, but I can feel the immediate tension in the room. Ember quickly finishes packing her things and leaves the room without saying another word. I watch her go, feeling guilty once again.
"stelly, you okay?" Chris asks. placing a hand on my shoulder.
I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just feeling a little guilty." Chris smiles sympathetically. "I understand. but we'll figure it out together karter baby."
I smiled, feeling grateful for his support.
"never thought i'd ever be a home-wrecker." i say with pursed lips. Chris's eyes go wide.
"don't you ever say that about yourself again." he gasps. "i'm serious, Chris" I let out a little chuckle. he never fails to make me laugh. "i know, i know" He smiles. "In all seriousness how would you be a home-wrecker baby?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.
"i don't know." i sigh. "I stole you from Em didn't I?" I say as I roll my eyes.
"you didn't steal me from anyone." he looks into my eyes as he speaks. Making my heart flutter. I have my head resting on Chris's leg as he leans in and kisses me on the cheek. I turn my head and kissed him back on the lips, earning a laugh from him. "you're fast" he laughs. We pull away, smiling at each other. But it didn't take long for us to lean in for another kiss.. When we finally pull away, I giggle and burry my face in Chris's chest. "What?" "What's so funny?" he asked, chuckling.
"We just can't seem to stop kissing each other," I reply, looking up at him with a smile.
Chris grins. "Well, I can't help it. You're just too irresistible." I blush and lean in for yet another kiss, unable to resist his charm. We kiss for what feels like forever, and it's as if nothing else in the world matters. The only thing that existed was the two of us, lost in our own world. Finally, we pull away, breathless and grinning from ear to ear. We sit there for a moment, just enjoying each other's company and basking in the warmth of each other's affection. "I could do this all day," Chris says, his eyes sparkling. Man do i love his eyes.
I smile wide. "Me too."
And with that, we lean in for one last kiss, unable to get enough of each other's affection. It was a moment of pure bliss, and we both know that we will never get tired of kissing each other
• • •
THE NEXT DAY

The morning after the events with Ember, Chris and I find ourselves in group therapy with Matt, Kelsey, and Olympia. As we all sit at our usual table together, Ember is off to the side, still visibly upset with us.
Kelsey attempts to speak up, expressing how bad she feels about the situation, given that Ember is her sister, but not knowing how to fix things.
We all shrug it off, knowing that Ember's anger towards us wouldn't be easily resolved.
As the session continues, our group leader suggested an activity where we showered each other with compliments.
"Alright everyone, get into groups of 4-6 if you aren't already!" our group leader of the day shouts. "I want you guys to try what we tried last week!" she adds.
Olympia volunteers to go first and picks me to receive the compliments.
"Oh my bestest friend" She begins, causing me to laugh. "You are so intelligent, so beautiful, and i'm so lucky to know you ella karter" she grins. My heart warms at her words. I truly don't deserve her. The rest of the group follows suit, and we all laugh as we share our kind words with one another.
• • •
As the session ends, and we leave the room, Olympia suggests that we spend some more time together. "I feel like we haven't been seeing enough of each other," she says with a smile. We make plans to have a girls' night, just the two of us, later in our room and possibly even order dinner. After Olympia heads off to her physical activity, Matt, Kelsey, Chris, and I decide to head to Chris & I's oak tree for some fresh air. As we sit there, the tension between us all seems to dissipate. We chat and joke, well besides Matt of course, but his energy is still contagious despite not talking. enjoying each other's company. It's a relief to have a break from the drama and just be with my friends. We all decide it's time to head back to our respective activities for the day, feeling a bit more at ease after the group therapy session and our time at the oak tree. I was looking forward to our girls' night later and catching up with my best friend.
• • •
LATER THAT NIGHT

Olympia and I are having the best time at our girls' night. We ordered in some pizza and just talked and laughed for hours. As the night wore on, we both start to get a little silly. I was lying on the bed, scrolling through my phone when Olympia says something that makes me burst out laughing.
"You slut!" I said, teasing her. slurring my words a bit. Pia thought it would be a great idea to drink an entire bottle of tito's.. just the two of us. Olympia looks at me with a mock scandalized expression. "Hey, I am not a slut," she protests. I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. "I know, I know," I say, still giggling. "But you do tend to have more than one partner at a time." I spill, she knows it's true.
Olympia rolls her eyes. "I just can't help it. I like variety," she said, grinning.
Man, i've missed my bestie. We laugh some more before falling back onto the bed together, exhausted from all the laughing. As we lay here catching our breath, I can't help but feel grateful for our friendship.
"I really needed this, Pia," I say, using the nickname I had given her when we were kids.
"I really needed this too, Ella," Olympia replies, smiling at me.
Olympia and I have been best friends for as long as either of us can remember.
We met at a foster home when we were kids, and we've been through a lot together. We happened to start coming to North Wood around the same time too, and the rest is history. Despite all the drama that had been happening lately, our friendship was still as strong as ever. This is a bond, nobody will be breaking anytime soon, if ever.
"Love you P." I say, sticking out my tongue at Olympia. "Love you even more E" she replies.
• • •
Author's Note:
I just felt like we needed a little pia and karter night. so i introduce, the home-wrecker and the slut xx
-
hope you are enjoying the story so far! there's plentyyyy more to come.
<3
-
ALSO I PROMISE SHE WONT JUST KEEP WAKING UP IN EVERY CHAPTER LMAO