011; 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHRISTOPHER'S POV
*present day*
bzz bzz
bzz bzz
bzz bzz
The sound of my phone buzzing obnoxiously, wakes me from my sleep. I groan as I reach to the side table next to me and grab it. I rub the sleep from my eyes and click on the screen.

Matt: bro are you awake yet?

Matt: dude we're gonna be late

Matt: I just know you're sleeping right now.

Matt: why do we even agree to these things man.

Matt: hurry up

I set my phone back down on the side table and run my hands through my hair before looking over at Stella who was sleeping so peacefully. She's a literal angel, I swear. I lean down and softly kiss her on her forehead before slipping on my shoes and slipping out the door.
• • •
Matt and I arrive at the abandoned warehouse, our heartbeats racing with anticipation. The other gang members are already here, gathered in a circle in the dimly lit space. As we approach, I can feel the eyes of the others on us, sizing us up. I can't help but think about Stella, I had to slip out tonight for this meeting, I hope she doesn't wake up and think I just left to leave.
"Yo, Chris, Matt, what's good?" one of the members greets us, his voice rough and gravelly. That's brick. He's one of the higher ups in the gang, he's always cool.
Matt and I exchange nods with the others before taking our seats.
We are both on edge, but we try our best to hide it. We can't afford to show any weakness in front of the gang.
As the meeting begins, I can't help but feel a sense of unease. Matt and I have been attending these meetings for years now, ever since we were introduced to the gang by Nick. I know, strange huh. But the more we get involved, the more dangerous it becomes.
It doesn't help that we keep landing ourselves back at North Wood, it's so much harder to sneak out. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Matt tapping me on the shoulder, holding out a piece of paper with our task and all the information we need, on it. We are tasked with completing various illegal activities, from selling drugs to stealing cars. It's all in the name of making money for the gang, but Matt and I know that the risks are high. I look down at the paper and sigh with relief. "delivery" i say, Matt smiles. "An easy one." I add and he nods in agreement I almost laugh, "yeah, for once."
• • •
After the meeting, the gang members disperse, leaving Matt and I alone in the warehouse. We are discussing our next move when my phone rings.
It's Stella.
"Hey, stellar," I answer,
trying to sound casual.
"Hey, Chris, what's up? Where'd you go?"
Stella asks, her voice groggy and tired sounding.
she must've called me as soon as she woke up and noticed I was gone. I feel like shit.
"Just hanging out with Matt," I reply, glancing over at my brother who was smirking at me.
'stop.' i mouth.
"Can I come over?" Stella asks, her tone hopeful. my heart sinks.
"Sorry lovey, not tonight," I say, trying to sound convincing. "I'm pretty tired." i add. "oh, okay we'll i'll see you tomorrow." Stella sounds disappointed, but understanding. I breathe a sigh of relief as I hang up the phone.

Matt gives me a pained look as if to say "We can't keep doing this", and so agree. I know he's right. We can't keep sneaking out of rehab and risking everything to be involved with the gang. But I can't imagine telling Stella or anyone else the truth. "I know," I say, my voice low. "But we have to keep this a secret. At least until we figure out a way to get out of this." Matt nods in agreement, but I can see the worry in his eyes. We are in deep, and getting out won't be easy
• • •
THE NEXT DAY

Stella and I are sitting under our oak tree, enjoying the warmth of the sun on our faces. I'm trying to relax, but the guilt continuously having to lie to stella, is weighing heavily on me. "Chris, can I ask you something?" Stella says softly, breaking the comfortable silence.
I nod, bracing myself for the question I know is coming. she knows. "What was the other night about?" Stella asks, looking at me with concern in her eyes. or, maybe she doesn't."I had a feeling you weren't telling me the whole truth."
I take a deep breath and try to think of a convincing lie, but I know I can't keep this from her forever. "Kart, I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you," I say, reaching out to take her hand in mine. "Matt and I went to a meeting with some friends." i lie.
"Oh? What kind of meeting?" Stella asks, her brow furrowing in confusion. how is she so cute. I hesitate, not sure how much to tell her.
"Just a get-together with some of the guys from group," I say, hoping that will be enough to satisfy her. But Stella isn't convinced. "Chris, I know you're not telling me everything. I can feel it." of course she does. I feel a lump forming in my throat as I try to come up with a response, but before I can say anything, Stella sighs, leans over and gives me a gentle kiss on the cheek. "I trust you, Chris," she says softly. "I just want you to be safe and honest with me." I feel a wave of relief wash over me, knowing that Stella still believes in me even when I can't believe in myself. but immense guilt fills up the space quickly instead, knowing all i'm doing is lying to her. She doesn't deserve that.
"I promise, Stella. I'll always be honest with you," I say, pulling her close for a hug.
i'm. such. a. douchebag.
As we sit there, wrapped up in each other's arms, I know that I have to find a way out of the gang. For myself, for Matt, and for Stella. I can't keep risking everything for the gang, and I need to find a way to break free
• • •
Author's Note;
FILLERRER
we love a good filler chapter, but what we love even more is a good plot twist. love ya <3