1

At 3 a

At 3 a.m., a woman was sleeping peacefully in her bed until she was awoken by a strange noise. Startled, she opened her eyes and scanned the room, but there was no one to be seen. Checking her phone to see the time, she grew anxious upon hearing more sounds coming from her closet. Alone in her large room, she reached for the golf bat she kept nearby for safety and cautiously approached the closet. There, she found a shirtless man about to wear a shirt.

She took a deep breath after recognizing his back.

"Aap kab aaya?" she asked him after he wore his shirt, fearing his anger for intruding on him while he was dressing.

The man confusingly looked behind to see his wife and replied, "Kuch der pehle aaya tha."

He got more confused after seeing his golf bat in her hand, so he added, "Yeh tumne mera golf bat kyu liya aur tum toh so rahi thi nah?"

She replied while looking down at the bat, "Mere needh tut gayi aawaze sunke. Woh mujhe laga koyi chor hai toh mein yaha aa gayi."

He hummed and then taunted her, "Andar koi chor aa nahi sakta... Sirf hamare ghar mein nahi, balki puri society mein camera aur security guards hain. Kya yeh tumhe nahi pata inn 2 saalon mein?"

"Mujhe thori nahin pata tha ki aap itni jaldi aa rahe hain. Mujhe thori nahin bataya kab aap business trip mein gaye aur kab aane wale hain. Mujhe toh Maryam Khala (Housekeeper) ne bataya aap business trip mein gaye, toh mujhe laga aap pichle business trip ki tarah aur ek mahine rahenge," she said to him.

"Mujhe tumhe batane ki koi zarurat nahi hai ki mein kahaan aur kab jaa raha hoon aur kab aaunga," he snapped rudely, and tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Main toh bas aise bol rahi thi," she tried to tell him, but he cut her off.

""Yeh apni aankhon ki tanki band karo aur jake so jao," he said angrily and left the room.

"Tu pagal hai, Anisha, bilkul kyun unhe yeh baat bolna zaroori thi," she scolded herself.

"Tum kuch bhi kehti, woh phir bhi tum pe gussa karta," her subconscious mocked her.

She knew it was true. He always got angry and shouted at her for no reason. She always tried her best to not make him angry. No matter what she did or said, it made him angry. He didn't like it when she dressed up for him, cooked for him, and especially when she went to his office. She wondered why he didn't acknowledge her as his wife in front of the world. She decided not to cry about this again and went back to sleep alone because she had university in the morning. At least she could sleep peacefully knowing that her husband had come back home safely.

This time, her peaceful sleep got ruined by her husband, who was trying to wake her up.

After hearing that it was already 7 a.m., she woke up from her sleep.