5

The car ride was uncomfortably silent. Anisha put her head against the window and closed her eyes while Hamza drove quickly.

They reached home, and Anisha went inside without waiting for him or glancing at him.

Hamza parked the car and went inside, where he saw Khala standing in front of Anisha, checking her body temperature with her hand.

"Kitni baar keh chuki hoon, mein thik hoon, Khala" Anisha said, trying to reassure her.

"Dekhne se lagta nahi hai ki tum thik ho. Chehra kitna murjha gaya hai, par sharir ka temperature thik hai," Khala said, concern filling her voice. Anisha smiled at her concern.

Khala saw Hamza standing at the door and said, "Hamza baba, tum aa gaye."

Hamza just nodded and stood near Anisha.

"Accha, Anisha beta, tum kapde badal lo, mein khana lagati hoon," Khala said, about to leave.

But Anisha held her hand and said, "Khala, maine khana khaya hai."

"Par Humaira biwi (Hamza's Mother) ne bola tumne kuch nahi khaya," Khala said.

"Khala, dekha na aapne, kitna saara khana brunch aur shaam ke time khaya. Aapko lagta hai mein waha jaake khana kha paungi?" Anisha said lovingly.

Before Khala could insist further, Anisha said, "Khala, mein chalti hoon, aur please aap so jayein." She then left for her room, leaving Hamza and Khala alone.

Hamza followed her after wishing Khala goodnight. He went into the closet and saw Anisha trying to remove the saree's pin.

 He went into the closet and saw Anisha trying to remove the saree's pin

He stood behind the vanity table where Anisha was removing the pins. Anisha saw him but didn't say anything, quietly continuing to remove the pins.

"Madad chahiye?" Hamza asked her

"Nahi, mera ho gaya" she replied while removed her last pin & turned around to face hamza

Hamza hummed & moved her hair to one side of neck and nuzzled his head on the other side of her neck. He was about to remove the hook of her saree blouse , but Anisha pushed him away slightly.

"Kya hua?" Hamza asked her.

"Aapse kuch baat karni hai," Anisha said angrily.

"Baad mein kar lenge," he said, pulling her closer by her hand. But Anisha pushed him away again .

"Mujhe abhi karni hai . Aapko samjh kyu nahi aa raha." she shouted, her voice filled with urgency and pain.

"Anisha, chillao mat. Aur tumhe jis baare mein baat karni hai, mujhe uss baare mein discussion nahi karna" he said, trying to leave. But Anisha grabbed his hand firmly.

"Aapko nahi karni par mujhe karni hai, aur mein aaj baat karke rahungi. Jab tak meri baat khatam nahi hoti, aap nahi jayenge yeha se" Anisha said, tears streaming down her face, her eyes red and swollen.