1. Transformations, Pursuits and Travel

As human beings, we are inherently bound to experience a myriad of emotions that shape and color our lives. Try as we might, we cannot simply discard or ignore them. Memories of past triumphs and hardships alike are etched indelibly into our consciousness, defining who we are and how we approach the world around us. Life has a way of sweeping us up in its currents, carrying us from one phase to another, and leaving its indelible mark on us. And yet, despite the inevitability of this cycle, we continue to persevere, to grow and evolve, to experience the highs and the lows that come with being human.

"I don't want you to go. Please don't go. I'm scared." I looked into her eyes and held her closer to my chest, gently kissing her on her forehead. I promised I would be back soon.

"Don't cry, Sissie is going for important work stuff." She stopped crying and held my face with her little hands as she sobbed. For a moment, I was reluctant to leave for my work and stay with her, but I knew I had responsibilities. "I shall patiently await your return," she made dramatic use of a high tone out of a sudden and that made me giggle. "Where did you learn that?" I asked bewildered by her change in tone.

"Books teach me new things," she shrugged.

"Good girl." I kissed her cheeks and went out of the ward.

***

Looking out of the window of my red Audi A3 Cabriolet, I took a deep breath and watched the world pass by. My life has been a roller coaster ride, and I, too, have changed along with it. I've been through so much that I wish to erase from my memory, but the lessons learned must remain. As I gazed at my tired, brown eyes in the rearview mirror, I noticed dark circles beneath them. "What have you done to yourself, Aderyn Brookes?" I whispered to myself. The past is gone, and I'm no longer the same naive twenty-year-old girl. Two years have passed, and I have transformed beyond recognition. Even the people who knew me before would struggle to recognize me now. My head began to itch, and I realized that my waist-length brown hair was trapped under me. Annoyed, I used my free hand to move my hair to the side and make myself comfortable as I drove past the houses. It's time for a haircut, I thought, as I continued my journey.

My Audi, Jeena, and I are on the road again, headed toward my next destination. Traveling has become my passion over the past year, and I relish the experience of exploring new places and cultures. Breathing in the fresh air and immersing myself in the unfamiliar has become a way of life for me. As I hit the gas pedal and feel the engine roar to life, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement for the journey ahead.

After driving for almost three hours, I finally spotted a diner. I parked Jeena in a parking space and put on my black aviators. Taking my backpack along with me as I look over the place and walked right in, feeling hungry. As soon as I open the door of the diner, I mentally drool having the aroma of food.

As a food lover, I can attest that there is nothing more satisfying than indulging in delicious cuisine. For me, the mere mention of food is like music to my ears, and my mouth starts watering instantly. I have a voracious appetite, and the thought of abstaining from food even for a few minutes makes me restless.

But today was different. I had been eagerly waiting for three long hours and twenty minutes to finally savor the dish I had been craving for days. The anticipation had been agonizing, and my stomach had been growling loudly, reminding me of its emptiness. Finally, the moment had arrived, and I could hardly contain my excitement. The aroma of the food wafting toward me made me salivate, and my taste buds danced in anticipation.

Indeed, food is not just a basic necessity for me, but a heavenly pleasure that I can never resist.

The diner seems full of people, and the waitress runs here and there to take orders and serve. I choose a corner and sit down, and after some minutes, a boy comes and asks for my order. After giving him my order, he stops writing on his notepad and gives me a weird look but doesn't speak and leaves.