10. That was wrong.

Dylan Pov

Whatever I did was wrong. Totally wrong. I shouldn't have done that. How could I do that?

I just couldn't control myself. She was talking to someone and the way she spoke to the person in her phone was like as if she was trying to hide something.

I should've stopped myself. How could I do that?

I went to such extent of hurting my own mate. It was wrong of me totally wrong. Racking a hand throw my hair I inhaled deeply and sat on my chair. I sighed leaned against the headrest of the chair closing my eyes.

The scene where I gripped her neck tightly flashed before my eyes and I jerked up from my seat. Throwing the papers and everything that was in my desk I walked towards the glass window and leaned against it closing my eyes.

"It was wrong. So wrong of me" I muttered to myself. My heart aching at the fact that I was the one who did that. My wolf angry upon me for committing such a crime.

Opening my eyes, I looked out of the glass to see the trees already shedding their leaves. It was the time of spring. I loved spring season. I watched silently towards the tress which were shedding their leaves on the ground.

It was just when I noticed a figure walking towards the forest. My wolf began to beg me to go to her and that is what I did. I didn't went to her because of my wolf. I went their because of my heart. I wanted to make sure she was alright. She was a human after all. She would've broke down after that.

Somehow, I found myself taking long strides and even running out of the house, my eyes searching for her. I followed her scent and soon found her walking into the forest. I stopped in my track and began to think how to approach her.

"Should I say sorry" I muttered and heard my wolf snapping at me "off course you fool. Go and apologize".

Taking a deep breath I took a step but stopped when unintentionally I stood on a bunch of dried twig. The sound of the twig breaking under my foot was so loud that even a human could hear that in such a silent forest and I doubted Aderyn not to hear it.

As expected, she stopped walking and turned around. She could see me because I was behind a tree but when i heard asking "Who is there? Come out" and all I couldn't stop myself from walking to her.

I came out of my hidden place and watched as she gave me a shocked expression.

"What are you doing here?" She asked  composing her shocked state eyeing me accusingly.

"Just wanted to go for a walk" I replied whatever that came into my mind.

I knew by her expression that she was ready throw questions and insults my way so, not letting her speak anything I walked past her and closed my eyes when I finally crossed her.

"This man is seriously something" I heard her mutter and smirked biting my tongue.

"How long are you planning on to stand there?" I asked and heard her mutter "Is he planning me to join him?" to which I replied shocking her "Isn't it obvious?"

She stood there for some minutes watching me. I was sure that she was going to turn around and leave but absolutely surprising me she walked past me and I joined her walking silently with her.

I wanted to speak something ask her if she was alright but chose to stay quiet maintaining the distance between us which could never allow us to come closer.

I liked whatever was going on and I planned on to enjoy as the way it is.

It was better than having any hopes or something which could break hearts later. It was better like this.

After walking together for hours, we came back to the house. We both separated without speaking anything to each other. She walked towards her room and I walked towards mine.

I took a shower and changed into something comfortable. Lying on my bed, I stared blankly at the ceiling.

The days event flashed before my eyes. Our fighting, our walking, our silence everything. My mind began to picture her face even though I didn't want to. I groaned and turned around to my side lying sideways, my elbow under my head.

"Why do I feel as if you are hiding something Aderyn?" I found myself asking to no one.

"Aderyn" I liked the name. It was a unique name. I liked how her name rolled perfectly out of my tongue.
The name suited her personality.

"I wonder who are there in your family" I muttered and found this really strange that she has never spoken about her family since the day she has started to live here.

"Doesn't her family search for her?" I thought and got up from the bed.

Unknowingly, again I found myself walking towards her room. My foot were walking on there own. It was like I didn't have any control over them.

However, I stopped on my tracks and cursed myself. "What are you doing Dylan walking to her?"

I turned around to leave but again looked back to find myself already near her room.

I wanted to see her. I don't know why but I just wanted to see her. My heart began to rise and I ran towards her room.

"What's going on? Is she alright?" I asked and heard my wolf howling.

Without knocking, I walked in to find the room dark. I turned on the lights and found her lying in her bed. I sighed in relief watching her sleep but soon my when my wolf asked me "Why isn't she waking up when the lights were switched on?" I began to panic and ran to her.

Sweats were forming on her forehead but nevertheless I heard her heartbeat which was beating abnormally fast. Maybe she was having a nightmare.

Her breathing started to rise and then only I noticed a small bottle which was kept on the table beside her bed.

Frowning I took the bottle into my hands and read the label to find it as the sleeping tablets.

I scowled reading the label.

"Sleeping Pills?" I whispered and eyes Aderyn who was still sleeping with uneven breathing.

"Why do you need sleeping pills?" I asked her knowing that she couldn't hear me.

My eyes fell on her neck and I clenched my palms into balls seeing the bruises. It was caused by me. I should have been careful. This was the reason why I stayed away from her.

Lifting my hand I trailed my finger on her bruise wishing it to fade away. My fingers tingling due to the mate bond.
Her skin was so soft and flawless.

I watched as her breathing began to even and instantly I knew the answer to that.

The mate Bonding.

My touch was soothing her. Her breathing returned to normal and she snuggled more into the pillow. Sighing,  I got up from my place and covered her using the duvet.

With one last glance towards her way, I switched off the lights and exited her room closing the door behind me.

The question was still lingering in my mind "Why does she need sleeping pills to sleep?"

I made my way back to my room and lying in my bed I tried to shut myself down to rest, to sleep.

************************************

I love Danny so much.

No doubt he suits for the role, Dylan.