~ 4. going down ~

My friend... she's gone.

Jung-Su's POV

"Cold?" I-Sak has a confused look on her face as On-Jo lets go of her, and I look at I-Sak to see her nose bleeding.

"I-Sak... you're b-bleeding." I stutter.

"Really? I wasn't bitten." She refuses. Everyone's attention is now on us.

"What's going on? Did you get bitten?" Na-Yeon starts to panic.

"I said I wasn't!" She yells and runs over to one of the small mirrors on the side.

"Hey, are you okay?" Gyeong-Su calmly asks her, but she just ignores him and looks at me and On-Jo. We both rush over to her, worried.

"No, I'm not. I'm not, right?" She asks, scared. We all hug, but not for long. "I'm not one of them." She repeats. We hug again, but it's cut short by Na-Yeon having another hissy fit.

"What are you all doing? Get her out of here!" She screams.

"No! I'm not okay!" She screams as Cheong-San and Gyeong-Su pull me and On-Jo away from her. She tries to walk over to us, but she stumbles to the floor. I bury my head into Gyeong-Su's neck as I try not to look.

"I-Sak.." I hear On-Jo whimper. I look up to see I-Sak charging at On-Jo and Cheong-San, but he pushes her back. He continues to fight her off.

"I-Sak!" She then turns to her and starts running at her, but Cheong-San manages to shove her out of the window. I free myself from Gyeong-Su's grasp and run over to the window. On-Jo grabs onto I-sak just as she was about to fall off. Cheong-San tries to pry her off of the zombie version of I-Sak as I stand there, helpless, with tears flowing down my face.

"Hey! There!" Na-Yeon screams and kicks a stool at Cheong-San, who then grabs it and starts hitting I-Sak with it to try and get her off.

We all stand there and watch her fall to her death. Gyeong-Su comes up behind me and pulls me into a hug as I burst into tears. One of my best friends is dead. Why her? What did she do to deserve this?

"Lets go. We're not going to last any longer in here." Cheong-San speaks up, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Where should we go?" Wu-Jin asks.

"We'll use the hose," he responds. We manage to retrieve the hose from outside the classroom. He demands that we tie knots in it. I contributed to try and get my mind off of what I had just witnessed. Once we had finished, Cheong-San bunched it up and chucked it out of the window for us to climb down.

"I'll go down and check to see if the room down below is empty." Cheong-San tells us the plan, but just as he was about to go down, he looks at On-Jo, and as he does, he hesitates.

"Actually, Gyeong-Su, you go down." He steps away from the hose.

"What's down there?" He asks before agreeing.

"Just go already!" Ji-Min yells, starting to get agitated. We all crowd around and watch him step down the hose. A slight wave of worry washes over me as he does.

"Can you see anything yet?" I yell down to him as he passes the next floor.

"Not yet. Just a lot of zombies." He yells back, quivering.

"Be careful." I worry as he goes down to the next floor.

"Hey, Cheong-San! Ms. Park is on the second floor!" He calls to the rest of us.

After Gyeong-Su, we go down in order:

Na-Yeon

Dae-Su

Ji-Min

Hyo-Reyong

Joon-Yeong

Wu-Jin

Nam-Ra

As it gets down to just three of us, I quickly write a note in case Su-Hyeok tries to come and find us in the science lab.

SU-HYEOK,

WE ARE IN THE BROADCASTING ROOM

-JUNG-SU XX

"Hey, Jun-Su, are you coming or not?" Cheong-San yells to me while he helps On-Jo down.

"You go first; I'll catch up in a second." I respond, trying to write fast because the zombies are trying to break in. Cheong-San then goes down, and I stick the note up. I went over to the hose and was about to start going down until the zombies started crashing into the science lab.

I jumped out the window just as the zombies were about to grab me, and somehow I managed to grab onto the hose again and start heading the hose as quickly as possible, but the zombie grabbed hold of my foot and started hanging off of me.

I'm so fucked.

-