Chapter 24: Rose and Her Thorns!

Reader's POV (play video!)

A loud boom shook the house, forcing me to wake up. I felt myself slide off of the bed that I shared with Killua and land on the floor, head-first. The tremor continued, forcing a few things to fall off their shelves. As my back connected with the floor, blankets fell on top of my face.

"What the-?!" Before I worried about the tremors, I worried about Alluka and Killua. "Y/n!!" Killua lifted me back on was seemed to be the bed.

Pushing multiple blankets off, I yelled, "What the hell is going on?!" Killua shook his head, his eyes darting to Alluka's bed behind me.

"Alluka!!" We both yelled in unison.

Scrambling off the bed, we ran to her bed and shook her. "Go away, I'm trying to sleep, dammit..." She groaned in annoyance. In different circumstances, I would've laughed, but this was no time for that...!

"Alluka, wake up! Don't you feel the tremors?!" I almost yelled.

Alluka shot her head up, nearly head butting me in the chin. "Tremors?! What's happening?!"

"We don't know, but we're going!!" Killua yelled. He picked up Alluka, who was clutching Zoe the Panda, and slung her over his shoulder. He then turned to me. "Y/n, get on my shoulder!"

"What?!"

"We're getting out of here! Just get the hell on!"

When Alluka and I were both on Killua's shoulder, he immediately dashed out of the room, and to the front door. Once outside, I kicked my legs to show that I wanted to get off.

I hopped off of his shoulder and looked up at the sky. There were no stars in sight. It was pitch-black. Yet the tremors continued without stopping once. I then looked around the block and saw someone pounding the ground with their fists...

The ground cracked around them. From that distance, I couldn't really tell who it was, but I knew one thing. They were gonna get their ass kicked.

Fortunately, my bathrobe was on. My long, murderous scissors were kept in there. I felt around for them. When I found them, I gripped them tight in case whoever was punching the ground saw us. Killua couldn't kill with Alluka on his shoulder...! So I was going to have to end them myself.

I strained my eyes and saw that this person was a female. My heart tightened when I guessed who it was. And my suspicions were confirmed when the loud boom rang throughout the city.

"Killua, get Alluka out of here!" I yelled. Killua's brow furrowed. I knew he was going to protest eventually.

"What the hell?! No! I'm not leaving you behind!"

"You don't have a choice!" I argued back.

"Yes I do! And the choice is to take you with us!"