Chapter 246-250

246: Around the end of the second half

“R-really? I owe you!”

“No, no, that’s nothing for my master, Kaisar-sama! Fufun~ I believe you finally got a glimpse of the greatness and generosity of my master, Kaisar-sama.”

“Aah! I didn’t expect him to be so big! I’m rather ashamed of my past self for not realizing it before, but at the same time, I can understand why Bridgette and the others are so crazy about Kaisar!”

No, I never said I’d help you. How strange.

And seeing me like that, Karendoll said, “Leave it to me, Kaisar-sama. I’ll go and settle the situation somehow.”

That’s the way to do it, Karendoll. She’s not like Bridgette, who’s so muscle-brained that she just does what she thinks and runs around without thinking!

Karendoll then confidently stated, “I can guess what Kaisar-sama is thinking right now, without even telling anyone,” and joined the conversation between Bridgette and Princess Claude.

Ah, how reliable, as expected of Karendoll.

“Well then, Princess Claude. I’d like you to sign this form. You see, Kaisar-sama is a nobleman, so he keeps all his promises, no matter how small, in writing.”

What? Really? I’ve never heard of this before…? Is this how she has been doing it for me behind my back so far?

“Well, I expected that much.”

“Here is the pen.”

“Oh, sorry to bother you… C-L-A-U-D-E, and that’s it. I signed it, Kaisar! Now let’s go save Sufia!”

And Princess Claude signed without any doubt, without even reading the document that Karendoll had given out. As I watched the series of events before me, I saw a familiar slave crest appear on Princess Claude’s nape, but was it my imagination?

I didn’t know why, but I couldn’t stop sweating.

“Karendoll… can I see those papers for a minute?”

“? Yes, Kaisar-sama.”

While hoping to be wrong, I told her to bring me the documents she just gave to Princess Claude now.

There, in small font on the A4-sized paper, were written many unimportant and bland things, but at around the end of the document was stated: ‘Therefore, those who sign this paper will become a slave of Kaisar-sama…’

What’s with this door-to-door sales scamming technique?

In my previous life, such a method would most likely be able to void the contract, but sadly we were in a different world. The slave crest engraved on Princess Claude’s nape is visible no matter how many times I look at it, proving the undeniable reality of the situation.

247: Yeah… sure

“… I wonder why? My head is starting to hurt.”

“Are you alright, Master?”

“If you’re tired, can I give you a lap pillow?”

“No, I’m fine. It’s definitely temporary and mental.”

“What’s that? Don’t tell me that the enemy who kidnapped Sufia is attacking Master mentally! That’s unforgivable!”

“But I don’t know how they could have made a psychological attack on our master, not knowing that such a thing would not work on him and that we could also trace their whereabouts by retracing the direction from which they attacked us… Let me teach them a lesson, Master.”