Chapter 19

I look at the pancake in front of me.

"Just try sweetheart. You don't have to eat the whole thing," East says.

It's not very big so I give it a shot. It's really good. I forgot how good these were.

Maddox comes down the stairs and sits at the island with me. East slides him a mug and he grumbles out a thank you. Sylas comes down next dragging Milo and Brandon with him. The older two don't look like they want to be there but it doesn't look like they really have a choice. He brought them over to the island and they loaded up on pancakes as well. I managed to eat my entire pancake. I also had a few little pieces of fruit. Brandon sees this and rubs my back to show that he's proud. Unfortunately, my back was still in pain so I cried out.

"What's wrong with your back?" Brand asks.

I try to shake my head and convince them it's fine but I think my face betrays me. I think it also reminds Maddox of the conversation we had last night.

"Grace, can I see your back?" Easton asks.

I shake my head. I know i told Maddox I would let them, but I didn't want to. They would be disappointed that I got the belt. The belt was only for when I was bad. I didn't want them to know I was bad. My eyes start watering.

Stupid. Don't cry. Cryings not allowed.

"I'm fine!"

Maddox finishes his coffee before taking me out of the kitchen. Easton followed us as well. I once again found myself in Maddox's office. He sat down in the big chair while Easton stood next to me.

"Grace, we have to see your back so East can make it better," Mad says.

I shake my head.

"Why not angel? You said we could last night."

I don't really see myself getting out of here without showing them so I think I have to be honest. Maybe then they would understand and they wouldn't get mad at me.

"I got the belt! I was bad! I talked when he didn't tell me to and I got the belt! I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to be bad!"

I'm worried they will give me the belt too. I'd been doing a lot of talking here because they didn't punish me before. That could change though.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry," Mad says as he pulls me in for a hug.

I wasn't exactly sure why he was apologizing. I was the one that was bad.

Easton disappears for a second but comes back with a first aid kit.

"Grace, may I see your back?"

At this point there's no point in hiding so I just turn my back to him and lift the back of my shirt.

"Oh sweetheart these look like they hurt. They don't seem to be open which is good. I'm just going to put some cream on it and wrap you up okay?"

I nod. It's not like I had a say and if they say it'll help it feel better than I believe them. The cream was cold but the wrap felt like a hug. I think it did feel better in the end. I didn't have to hide it anymore either. They also hadn't beaten me so it went far better than I was expecting.

We join everyone else in the kitchen. Milo and Brandon make room in between them and invite me to sit there. Easton starts giving us the run down of the day.

"Alright, Grace's surprise will be in later tonight. Maddox and Sylas are going into work today. They'll be home for the surprise but I have to run a bunch of errands. That leaves you two with Grace. If anything happens to her I will find you," he says.