Chapter 12 Hard Work Vs Natural Talent

IZUKU MIDORIYA'S POV

It's time for me to face off against Todoroki. I'm a little nervous. My base form might not be enough to handle Todoroki, Tatsumaki, and Ryuko. "Izuku!" I turn to see Dad. "Great job out there!" 

"Thanks." I smile brightly. I made it into the top eight of the Sports Festival. 

"I'm so proud of you!" Dad hugged me tightly with happy tears. When Dad cries I cry too. "You beat that spoiled Daddy's girl!" 

"I will!" The hug ended and I walked off. 

"You there!" I jump to see The Number 2: Endeavor. "You're the quirkless boy the media is going crazy over."

"People are talking about me?" I tilt my head. Endeavor pulls out his phone to reveal media posts. All of them had my name and face. Holy shit! I'm famous! 

"My daughter is misbehaving herself. She refuses to use her Ice." Endeavor is starting to piss me off. Can I fight him instead? I will gladly fight him. "She is a weapon made to surpass All Might."

(0:23)

I punched Endeavor in the face. "That was for your daughter!" I look to see that I caused a bruise on his cheek.

"YOU PIEC-" Endeavor was about to attack me until a kunai was placed at his neck.

"Leave my nephew alone." Uncle Kakashi spoke in a threatening voice.

"Your nephew punched me! He started it!" Endeavor yelled as if he stubbed his toe.

"True and it was well deserved. If you attack him it will look bad for you. The number two hero attacking a UA student out of pure rage." The words Uncle Kakashi had spoken caused Endeavor to back down. 

"Fine....." Kakashi let go of Endeavor and he left.

"Are you okay Izuku?" Kakashi asked.

"I'm fine thanks to you," I replied. 

"It's time for you to face off against your opponent." Kakashi walked off. "You don't want to be late do you?"

I walk to the arena to see Todoroki was waiting for me.

"IT'S TIME FOR THE SECOND ROUND! WE GOT THE QUIRKLESS WARRIOR: IZUKU MIDORIYA!" Present Mic yelled out, "AGAINST THE CANDYCANE HAIR EMO GIRL: SHOKA TODOROKI!"

The crowd started cheering. Every cheer could echo through my ears. "I'm sorry to tell you this Izuku but I'm going to win. You better open the eight gates if you want a fair shot. I'll beat you without my fire."

"You want me to use my full power while you only use half?" I looked confused.

"3...... 2....... 1..... FIGHT!" Present Mic yelled out.

Sharp Ice glaciers were sent at me. I punched through the ice. Bit by bit the ice turned into tiny pieces. More glaciers were sent at me. Same result.  "Why aren't you using your fire?" I asked while destroying what was left of the ice.

"What did you say?" Todoroki paused like a parent hearing what a child shouldn't have said.

"Why aren't you using your flames?" I asked the same question again.