Jurassic Park-5

The group makes their way into the genetics lab. All around them, scientists are hard at work doing what needs to be done to bring dinosaurs back into existence.

"A reminder; The boat for the mainland will be leaving at nineteen hundred hours. All personnel be at the dock no later than eighteen forty-five. No exceptions." Arnold said through the PA.

Hammond walks up to the head geneticist, Dr. Henry Wu.

"G'day, Henry." Hammond said.

"Good day, sir." Dr. Henry Wu said.

While Hammond and Dr. Henry Wu were talking, Alan, Ellie, Ian, and Samuel were looking at a machine holding something.

"It's turning the eggs." Elie said looking closer at the machine.

Grant sees that one of the eggs is shaking violently, like it's about to hatch.

Charlie starts to look at the egg in curiosity as to wonder what creature is going to hatch.

"Oh, perfect timing. I was hoping they'd hatch before I had to go to the boat." Henry said.

"Henry, Henry! Why didn't you tell me? I insist on being here when they're born." Hammond said albeit a little mad.

Hammond positions himself in front of the shaking egg.

"Come on. Come on, little one." Hammond cooed at the hatchling.

The egg beings to crack as the dinosaur inside pushes its way out.

Many of the children look curiously at the egg, seeing the miracles of birth.

"Very good. Push." Hammond said to the infant.

"Oh god..." Elie said looking at the egg.

"Push. Come on. Come on. Come on, then." Hammond encouraged the baby.

The dinosaur pushes its way out of the shell, its small head coming into view.

Many of the Wixen looked at the infant with wide eye. After all seeing something that looks like a dragon may shock people. Though Charlie looks intriguing by the matter at hand.

"There you are. There. They imprint on the first creature they come in contact with. Helps them to trust me. I've been present for the birth of every creature on this island." Hammond explained to the group.

Ian Malcolm: Well, surely not the ones that have bred in the wild.

Henry Wu: Actually, they can't breed in the wild. Population control is one of our security precautions. There is no unauthorized breeding in Jurassic Park.

Ian Malcolm: Uh, and how do you know they can't breed?

Henry Wu: Well that's because all the animals in Jurassic Park are female. We've engineered them that way.

John Hammond: [is helping the baby dinosaur free from the shell] There you are.

Ellie Sattler: Oh my god. Look at that.

Alan Grant: [carefully picks up the baby dinosaur] Blood temperature seems like about high eighties, maybe.

John Hammond- Wu?

Henry Wu: [checks] Ninety-one.

[Grant picks up the eggshell, only for it to be snatched away by the robot arm]

Ellie Sattler: Homeothermic? It holds that temperature?

Henry Wu: Yep.

Ian Malcolm: But, uh, again, how do you know they're all female? Did someone go out into the park and, ah, lift up all the dinosaur's skirts?

Henry Wu: We control their chromosomes. It's really not that difficult. All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway. They just require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make them male. We simply deny them that.

Ellie Sattler: "Deny them that?"

Ian Malcolm: John, the kind of control you're attempting here is, uh, it's not possible. If there's one thing that the history of evolution has taught us, it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free. Expands to new places and crashes through barriers. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But... uh well, there it is.

John Hammond: "There it is."

Henry Wu: You're implying that a group composed entirely of females will... breed?

Ian Malcolm: No, I'm simply saying that life... uh, finds a way.

[Grant is now taking another look at the baby dinosaur. He has a suspicion about what it is, now, and it's a troubling one.]

Alan Grant: What species is this?

Henry Wu: It's a velociraptor.

Alan Grant: You bred raptors?

[Wu nods slowly. Grant looks down at the baby raptor. The small little dinosaur in his hand will one day grow up to be an incredible killer.]

[A terrible raptor shriek comes from the raptor pen, which is the same one from the opening scene.]

John Hammond: Dr. Grant!

[The others follow Grant up to the staff viewing area, a long walkway wrapping around the concrete structure.]

John Hammond: As I was saying, we've laid on lunch for you before you set out into the park, our gourmet chef Alejandro--

Alan Grant: What're they doing?

[A cow is lowered into the pen, lowing with fright]

John Hammond: Oh, feeding them. Alejandro is preparing a delightful menu for us: Chilean sea bass, I believe. Shall we?

[The group watches as the cow gives out a loud low of fright, and soon, snarling noises take over, followed by horrible noises and the cow squealing in pain and terror. The trees in the pen shake violently. The scientists watch with interest, or, in Ellie's case, disgust.]

Robert Muldoon: They should all be destroyed.

Hammond: (laughs) Robert, Robert Muldoon, my game warden from Kenya. A bit of an alarmist, I'm afraid, but knows more about raptors than anyone.

Alan Grant: What's their metabolism, whats their growth rate?

Robert Muldoon- They're lethal at eight months. And I do mean lethal. I've hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way these things move...

Alan Grant: Fast for a biped?

Robert Muldoon: Cheetah speed. 'bout fifty or sixty miles per hour if they ever got out in the open -- and they're astonishing jumpers.

John Hammond: Yes, yes, yes, that's why we're taking extreme precautions. [To Ellie] The ah, viewing area under here--

Alan Grant: Do they show intelligence?

Robert Muldoon: They're extremely intelligent. Even problem-solving intelligent. Especially The Big One. We bred eight originally, but when she came in, she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others. That one, when she looks at you, you can see she's working things out. That's why we have to feed them like this. She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came.

Ellie Sattler: But the fences are electrified though, right?

Robert Muldoon: That's right, but they never attack the same place twice. They were testing the fences for weaknesses systematically. They remember...

[The crane moves, lifting the harness that held the cow back up. The harness is destroyed, covered with blood, and there's nothing left of the cow.]

John Hammond: Yes, well, who's hungry?